Where can the fam live near EWR?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dumbas$ comment of the decade......

All it takes is one missed trip on probation and a wrong answer while doing a rug dance and you're looking for property in a Mesa crewbase.

Better safe than sorry. TC

I grew up in eastern PA (bucks county). Went to college in the Lehigh Valley (ABE area). I've had apartments as far north as Allentown and as far south a Ewing, NJ (just north of Trenton by KTTN). I'd say go to the Lehigh Valley. Thats where I'm headed in a year or so when I buy a house. Someone mentioned Hellertown - good and also check out Easton. Because I'll be (hopefully) PHL based for the rest of my career I'm looking twards the western part of the Lehigh Valley area (T-town/Kutztown/Emmaus). For EWR guys i'd stay on the eastern side of ABE. South of the LV area you into Montgomery County and Bucks County. Bucks County Lies along the Delaware river from across Trenton to just south of where the LV starts. If you can go the extra $$ the schools and living here are some of the best on the country. If you stay out of Doylestown your taxes will stay within check also.

If you live in Bucks County driving to EWR is about 68 miles and you'll take 202 across the Delaware to Smerville then get 78 out to EWR.

In the LV area you'll jump on 78 the whole way. Your looking at about 60-90 minutes depending on where you start from and traffic.

As far as the LV when it comes to the cities like Allentown, Bethlehem or Easton - stay out of the center of thoes towns/cities. Avoid the center of Allentown, center of Easton and South Bethlehem.

If you want cheaper head north of the LV area (north of Blue Mountain/turnpike tunnel) into the Poconos. These are old coal towns but your $$ goes along way. Jersey is creeping west and the PA Philly burbs are creeping north and west and in ten years the southern Poconos (jim thorpe, lehighton, slatington, strousburgh) will be like the LV, montgomery and bucks county.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back