Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When you tell someone you are a pilot, why do they do that hand gesture?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gkrangers

college = debt
Ya know, where they pretend they are holding a yoke and turn it left and right.

I mean, wtf?

I don't do that to you if you tell me you drive a car or something....

Sorry, can't say that anyone has done that to me yet. It seems like most people feel obligated to tell you about their uncle, cousin, brother, great-aunt-three-times-removed who is/was a pilot. People will ask me, "What do you do for a living?" When I answer that I am a pilot, they will always tell me about some person they know who is a pilot, or of a flying experience that they had when flying. I guess the general public just can't relate to us, so they try to continue a conversation the best they can. Well, I guess I wouldn't expect them to be able to talk about the cause of ground effect or what FAR 91 deals with. We pilots are a unique breed.

Then they tell me what they do for a living. And I make this up and down motion with my fist. Then they just leave.

Whew! I thought this was about upraised middle fingers from ant-airport people.

ReportCanoa said:
Then they tell me what they do for a living. And I make this up and down motion with my fist. Then they just leave.

I though this was funny....then I saw your avatar and the image burned a hole in my retinas. Bacon anyone?

CFIcare said:
I though this was funny....then I saw your avatar and the image burned a hole in my retinas. Bacon anyone?

I dunno. I think she's sorta hot in MidWest cute kind of way. Roll that babe in flour and then........... Damn, I feel dirty.

Dude, that's my little brother's girlfriend. If you think she's ugly you should see his last chick! At least this one can stand....

gkrangers said:
Ya know, where they pretend they are holding a yoke and turn it left and right.

I mean, wtf?

I don't do that to you if you tell me you drive a car or something....
Every time someone tells me they work at a music shop, I always pretend I have water bong and do the imaginary carburetor thingie with my finger and make sucking water bubble sounds (saw the technique in a cheech y chong movie or was it jay and silent bob? who knows, maybe even 20/20).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back