Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When you are bored, waiting in an FBO...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Screw you guys...I'm going to start my own FBO...with blackjack, and hookers.

Ahhhh, forget about the blackjack....and the FBO...

Nu

sky37d said:
14. How about a couple of sectionals, and approach plates. maybe mine fell out, into the mudpuddle you parked me in, and now they are a sodden mess.

Gooberette: What's a sectional?

The places where it's the only facility on the field and they don't have maps for the local area, haha.

notaNJApilot said:
...what would you like to be doing?

[FONT=&quot]I am writing a paper on FBO improvements for a class I'm taking. I'm not a pilot, so I'm hoping to get suggestions from those of you who are constantly waiting around in an FBO, whether it is waiting for flight lessons, waiting around for your pax to return from a meeting so you can fly them home, etc.

If you were in charge, what amenities would the FBO have on hand for you, and would you be willing to pay a fee for any of them?

Assume your FBO has nothing. So include things like a couch, bed, tv, wireless internet, etc that you would like to remain in the FBO.

Thanks in advance for your input.
[/FONT]

FBO's need to have most the amenities that truck stops have like strip clubs in them or nude line girls. They could also use some condom/novelty machines and showers in the rest rooms & rooms you can rent by the hour. Yep, turn fbo's into seedy truck stops hahahaha!!!

24 hour is one thing

It must be open 24 - 7 and then don't tell me you can't do something at night. There are too many places that are worthless unless you are there between 9 and 5. Magazines are good, but try to have something other than the plane buyer magazines...i fly for a living, i dont want to be pissed off that i can't afford some plane that a doctor uses to go golfing with. I understand that signature sucks, but in Savanah, GA it was great. They had free iced tea and lemonade as well as good coffee and hot chocolate. The people were nice. Thats all I can think of right now. Now I fly in Alaska and running water is a huge excitement

Shortbus Driver,
Bring the ramp guys fresh donuts when you come back ANC!!! Goes a long way!!! Burger King hamburgers work well too. Stay away from that Native ice cream and Stinkheads, your Spincter will thank you!!!
Woody

I asked for a sectional once and the chick came back with an ifr training hood. NO JOKE!

Smoking hot counter girls! (st george ut cough st george ut)

shortbus driver said:
It must be open 24 - 7 and then don't tell me you can't do something at night. There are too many places that are worthless unless you are there between 9 and 5. Magazines are good, but try to have something other than the plane buyer magazines...i fly for a living, i dont want to be pissed off that i can't afford some plane that a doctor uses to go golfing with. I understand that signature sucks, but in Savanah, GA it was great. They had free iced tea and lemonade as well as good coffee and hot chocolate. The people were nice. Thats all I can think of right now. Now I fly in Alaska and running water is a huge excitement

Can I ask you to elaborate, seriously?

The problem that you might run into with midnight line guys is that certain things they do, they do so rarely that they forget or don't know how to do. Call it being non-current if you will. Other things are just flat out impossible to do at night, because not all of our resources are open late.

Need catering ASAP? Kitchen's closed dude.

Rental cars? Our on-site agency is a local brand. They have good cars that run well at a great price (considering it's an FBO). I almost always have cars in stock for walk-ups. It might not be what you want (mostly we have compacts and mid-size, larger stuff we need a day or so notice for) but it will be decent, have four wheels, and a full transmission :) However, if you want a "name brand" car, I can't get that for you in the middle of the night.

Need something from the store? The grocery store across the street closes around 2300. Getting to a 24 hour grocery store is "traffic" dependent. Company forgot your crew meals? In the middle of the night, you get Taco Bell, Dell Taco, Hot Dogs from 7-11, or Dennys. Don't yell at me 'cause your company f'ed up.

Other than that, I *will* pump you as much fuel as you want, get you a cab, get you a hotel room if I can find one, and promise to get you in bed or turned as quickly as possible.

P.S. Don't tell me your wet-lease company switched vendors and your preferred fuel prices have to get changed. That all gets done through my corporate offices. I *can* do a manual override, but certain things are opaque and I can't change it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back