When will UPS Hire?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bobo135R

Have any UPS pilots "in the know" heard anything about when hiring will resume? Are they still waitng on contract negotiations? Thanks!

Ahhhh...the $100,000 question.

Sunday will be 37 months since I interviewed. I've become an incredible swimmer!

LGAPilot...patiently waiting as long as it takes to be Brown.

Well that is the big question. I am going into my 16 year as a pilot with UPS and for the life of me can not figure out why we ever quit hiring. UPS is indeed a great company to work for. When we settle our contract it should even be better. I hope each and everyone of you who desires to work for Big Brown gets the opportunity. Best wishes.

Don't feel bad LGAPilot, I have a buddy who has been swimming for the last 48 months. From what he and I have heard, will be next year. But you know this industry that can change. When they do, it will be the opening of the flood gates.

Bobo135R said:
Have any UPS pilots "in the know" heard anything about when hiring will resume? Are they still waitng on contract negotiations? Thanks!
Survey says: when they get a contract

Latest I heard from a friend who spoke to the System Chief Pilot is January. WE have between 300-400 guys that were hired in 1994 who will be receiving a 4th week of vacation next year. Couple that with 60 or so retirements plus aircraft deliveries and the fact they can't afford to retire hardly anymore aircraft and they will HAVE to hire next year.

They can't cover all the flying they have right now. And it is about to get worse. That is all I have to say about that.

Keep it up and those of you with online apps already in keep updating your resumes and flight times. That way HR knows that you are still interested.

Does anyone remember what the mins were when they were hiring? I checked the website but i can't find them.

When I applied the minimums for flight time were "commensurate with experience" There really is no hard and fast number on flight time. But since it is a major, the more the better. In my class for instance one of the Civilian guys had 10,000 hours plus. And the low man had 2,000 total time.

Get to know a management type or line pilot and have them write you a letter. If you know a non aviation management type well get them to write you a letter. That helps a bunch.

What fleet type are you currently on? I am currently in the left seat of the Bus. You never know we may have flown together.

Cheers

Currently halfway through training for the right seat on the 757/767 Z

You never know though, as much as this company displaces.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back