• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When will Frontier Exit Bankruptcy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think its a good idea to stay in bankruptcy protection until they find the best financing deal. Bankruptcy protection gives them them a strong advantage over competitors. Its a great airline and I am really glad they are proving a lot of negative critics on this website wrong. Hang in there guys.

The only thing BK "gives" us right now is $2 Million per month in attorney fees. Every lease, contract, agreement that needed to be reworked has already been taken care of by now. Operating within Ch. 11 does nothing but burn cash.

The only thing BK "gives" us right now is $2 Million per month in attorney fees. Every lease, contract, agreement that needed to be reworked has already been taken care of by now. Operating within Ch. 11 does nothing but burn cash.

So then I guess its just a matter of finding the right financer. Does Menke say there are any promising leads?

So then I guess its just a matter of finding the right financer. Does Menke say there are any promising leads?

Menke plays it pretty close to the vest, as any CEO would in his position. The mood around the GO has changed from funeral-like to almost giddy. At least two or three people over there feel that they are going to be ok coming out the other end, who knows about the rest of us....

I don't know where you're getting that. I see a $4.36 per share loss for the quarter ending in March and the June earnings have not yet been announced. Are you talking operating profits?

Back to your spot under the bridge you little troll!

I don't know where you're getting that. I see a $4.36 per share loss for the quarter ending in March and the June earnings have not yet been announced. Are you talking operating profits?
Only know what I read in the papers, might have refered to an operating profit, but when other expense like atty's get thrown in earnings are diluted.

I see a $2.8 million operating profit with a $27.9 million net loss in Jan.
I see a $1.5 million operating profit with a $3.2 million net loss in Feb.
My son raves about the service he gets on them. He just did a round trip to see me this weekend using Frontier. No trolls - just facts.

You did show Jan, Feb, and April, but you skipped the biggest doozy of them all. March had a $20.7 Million operating income, but a net loss of $129,881,000! Yes, those numbers are in millions. Almost $140 Million was a Ch11 reorganization item related to the updated version of Republic DIP financing, but the fact remains that 1Q 2009 (calendar) was actually a net loss of around $150 Million.

Operationally we are kicking all sorts of arse, six straight months of profitable operations. Unfortunately, after we pay all the bills and reorganization items we are still losing money. The total amount of reorganization items for the first three months of this year equals $179.8 Million. One could say that we would actually be profitable for the quarter if it were not for the reorg items, however, without the mandatory pay cuts and slashing/burning of all the vendor contracts we may not have produced the operating profit. At the end of the day, or quarter in this case, we lost $150 Million.

With that being said, the hiring of Shurz as VP of Strategic Planning today is a rather unusual and optimistic turn of events. Menke was the first big brain ever hired at F9(actually the only big brain hired here), and now he lured a friend and bigger brain into the mix. Menke also took a 60% paycut to come here from aircanada. I imagine that Shurz took an equally large cut. Why would someone as smart as Shurz board a sinking ship? I am not quite jumping on the optimism band wagon just yet, but this is starting to get interesting.

Latest resources

Back