Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When will Dayjet officially start? Estimates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think they'll start optimistically high on the mins required and the pay. Then over time, they'll both go down. People will see flying an eclipse in the same light as a RJ, a way to climb the ladder to get to netjets.

Sat in the Eclipse Jet last year at the AOPA convention, boy is it small! I can't see how Dayjet is going to work out. All it will take is someone running behind in their meeting schedule and everything goes to heck. Back to the airport late and no amount of ingenious software program will be able to get an airplane back on it's schedule!

All it will take is someone running behind in their meeting schedule and everything goes to heck. Back to the airport late and no amount of ingenious software program will be able to get an airplane back on it's schedule!

I don't think that is how it works. The airplane flys the schedule, don't show up on time, tough turd.

I guess I just don't see what people see in that airplane? It is small, NO legroom for the Pax in the back. Eclipse hasn't hit anything that they promised when they got started. How much did they say it was going to cost when they got started, 890K? What is it up to now 1.5, and when you put all your options on it, how much then 1.8 to 2? If you follow the N numbers on flightaware they come nowhere close to what they advertise. The airplanes aren't RVSM, so nothing has been over 280. The entire fleet is grounded right now. From what I have been told, currently the auto-pilot only has Heading and Alt Hold. And thier first few deliveries the owners are going to be given hand-held GPS!

One thing for sure, Dayjet depends entirely on the success of Eclipse and every month that goes by without them resolving problems sets back Dayjet.

That sure is a small jet - how many obese Americans can you fit into it? Too bad Dayjet couldn't order the Mustang or Phenom 100s instead. This thing looks smaller than I thought... Plus you will add two Dayjet pilots?

Check out the photo I found on jetphotos.net:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5799856

I agree that the Mustang looks a lot more comfortable. However, it is twice as expensive and you only have 4 seats to fill. You would need a lot of flights with full seats to cover the increased ownership costs... That Eclipse does look smaller than I originally thought.

I hope the eclipse operators enjoy inspecting the windshield every 50 flights and replacing it every 100 flights. ( i read that in AIN) dayjets better get them some windshields.

Big hat no cattle

I give Eclipse an "Ata Boy", it is a great concept and a great idea. I wish them the best of luck, but I don't think it deserved the Collier Trophy. I just can't put that plane with such aviation greats as the B2 or the Voyager. What has Eclipse done to warrant that award? Nothing. Like I said it is a great concept, that is it.

Latest resources

Back