Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When will Dayjet officially start? Estimates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

I have heard November was the month. Any idea on whether the Eclipse has been fully certified? Will November be the month? Any word on how many pilots they have hired or will hire through 2006? Where are the initial pilot bases (are they at the first 5 Dayport or is there one pilot base for now)?

You can PM me if you wish. Any updates would be great.

http://eclipseaviationcritic.blogspot.com/

I'm posting this link just in case you dont know about this blog, and not to crap on anything, just as another source of info. As a pilot I want the eclipse and "VLJ air taxi" thing to pan out as much as anybody (more jobs!)

I've followed this blog for a long time now, its well written and has more detailed (although argueably tainted) information on the progress of the eclipse progam.

In the comments to one of the posts a bunch of "insiders" now claim only 10 eclipses are scheduled to be built in 2006 and they are having major supplier problems/delays...especially with Avidyne. +CG issues +performance shortfalls +everything else imaginable if you believe everything you hear.

I would think you are talking the first of the year at the best. You cannot start with one aircraft but you need one to do conformity although seeing they already have a certificate, perhaps that is not really a problem.

As there are no simulators, all training has to be done in the aircraft as well. My best guess is February or March for any significant operation.

Latest resources

Back