Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When will Dayjet officially start? Estimates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boy, that blog is really going after Eclipse and Vern.

In my opinion it's all deserved...plus some. Although I'm an avid reader of that blog...so my opinion is "tainted."

Still waiting for the real world performance numbers. Those that think they're gonna be hauling 6 people at FL410 at 370kts for 1200nm are in for a real treat! Right now they're asking owners for a 60% progress payment, pretty ballsy considering how little info they're willing to give out about the plane.

Wonder if DayJet would change course and order Mustangs or Phenom 100s to get up and running.

DayJet is supposed to be leasing the facility next to my workplace...there was a lot of renovation activity over there until a week or two ago, and suddenly everything stopped, incomplete. They also pulled out of a charity sponsorship. Makes me wonder what's going on.

Josh M.

Here's an article dated 4 Nov 2006 in the Sun Sentinal. In the article Mr. Iacobucci, talks about a new launch date - first quarter in 2007, pilot pay - $50,000, and 1,700 applicants for 100 jobs.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/busines...,0,5772030.story?coll=sfla-business-headlines

That's one thing no one ever talks about, at least that i've read, is what salaries might be like for flying these things.

What do you guys thing someone flying a VLJ should make to start? On top of that what we think we should make and what management pays us are usually two totally different figures, so with that said what do you think a VLJ pilot WILL end up making in say the first 5 years?

Latest resources

Back