• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When will Airways recall?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought 60 aircraft were going away in the total transaction. I thought these were mainline airframes?

Lear70 said:
That's a good question... still haven't heard, how is seniority integration going to work regarding furloughees, hiring on the West?
The Transition Agreement spells out that recalls to the West will exercise the seniority of newhires but get longevity pay. Plus, they retain their East seniority for the purposes of the final integration and may bid back to East flying after a period of time which off the top of my head I think is 18 months.
I haven't checked on this topic in a while and was just curious, given that America West was hiring right up to the announced merger and I had just turned in my stuff on the West side, wondering whether West wouldn't simply bring back East furloughees from this point out to staff since they have to integrate the lists at SOME point ??!!
That's exactly what will happen when/if needed. The Transition Agreement governs everything until we have an integrated seniority list AND a combined CBA.

BRA said:
I thought 60 aircraft were going away in the total transaction. I thought these were mainline airframes?
Yes, some sixty airframes on the East side are scheduled to go away but actually that was part of the bankruptcy proceedings as opposed to merger-related. The West side is losing around fifteen airframes but gaining a couple of Airbuses. The current rumor is some former ATA 757s heading our way and of course an E190 order any day now.

Rumor is that there will be SOME hiring around 2nd quarter '06. In the transition agreement between the company and pilots it states that any vacancies occuring on the west side will be filled by AAA furloughees first. They get pay based on longevity but go to the bottom of the list for bidding. After the lists are merged it's anybody's guess as to where they end up. In my opinion, the company is putting off any recalls or hiring until the merged list is done.

TWA Dude said:
Yes, some sixty airframes on the East side are scheduled to go away but actually that was part of the bankruptcy proceedings as opposed to merger-related. The West side is losing around fifteen airframes but gaining a couple of Airbuses. The current rumor is some former ATA 757s heading our way and of course an E190 order any day now.

My jumpseat host also mentioned the rumor of ATA 757s going to Airways. However, I think all of them are already spoken for. If ATA decides to give up even more, I'm going to need Airways to call me back, cause I'll probably be out of a job...

And don't forget that there are still people in the hiring pool on the west side that will have to wait until all of the furloughed east siders have been offered a job- although I am sure that most of the poolies on the west side have since found other employment else where- they probably did not want to wait for 3 or 4 years for an official job offer from the new USAirways.

I am still hanging on the bottom at ATA but will bet whacked on the next round of furloughs- I think that my number is up!

There is an announcement on the US Airways hub (employee website) that says that the company is looking at the purchase of some airplanes from ATA to expand their European flying, and that they are also looking at purchasing some airplanes from someone else but nothing official has been announced yet.

Another board rumor says 3 75s for European routes. A drop in the bucket, but I heard rumor 82nd hand of East recalls by year's end. I think all the aircraft retirments have already been accounted for there.

PHXFLYR said:
When will airways recall? When Tahiti freezes over:(

PHXFLYR:cool:

Stop it or else I am telling your brother that you refuse to play nice with others:D

WD.

BTW give a call when you get a moment my number is in maestro.

Unless there is something new in the works, I believe that ATA has given up all the airplanes it going to give up. We're down to 29, now. Of course there was an Airbus rumor I heard the other day.........:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back