Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When was the last time you flew a small airplane?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DrewBlows

Go Tigers!
I haven't flown a small airplane since I was hired in August '04, and I don't see myself getting into one anytime soon given my cashflow situation. Who's not flown a small airplane the longest?

I know it's been at least 3 years, probably closer to 4.

Considering I didn't think I'd ever break 100 hours multi, I'm still taken aback that I now have more than twice as much multi turbine time as I do single. And I actually wish I could go out and just screw around in a single. Who woulda thought?!?

Two days ago.....J3 cub and a Stearman.... :D

I try to get back home and fly as much as I can. Cubs never get old....Plus, they keep your feet alive...heh

Sssssssssuuyhaaaa--

T-Hawk

I've flown a Diamond DA20-C1 Katana/Eclipe twice in March. Prior to that it had been fifteen years.

I'm still flaring it a little bit high, though. If I wait to flare until I "feel" like I'm already about 15 feet BELOW the runway then I'm only flaring about 10 feet too high! :)

...last day as a CFI...June 30, 2004. Haven't been in a piston since....the occasional nightmares keep it all fresh though. :D

Thursday, rented a C-152 from the local FBO, did about 5 touchand go's then went and buzzed my mom's house and sisters house. I still do some CFIing and fill in flying traffic when I'm off and my sked fits. I do it for fun, I like GA flying, always will. I don't feel I'm above flying "small" planes. I know plenty of guys with the, "I don't fly GA attitude, I'm an airline pilot".

If my company would stop screwing me WRT to pay and being downgraded I'd buy a C-150 of my own to fly on my days off. I was thinking that later this summer I could start looking but now with this CHQ/Republic/MDA "thing" I guess I'll have to put it off again.

BTW that 152 I rented on Thur was up to $66/hr hobbs, OUCH. I budget $150/month for GA flying. That used to get me 3 hours/month on a 150/152 now as you can see not quite as much.

Last edited:
Since early 1998, when I sold my C-180 on floats just before I left Alaska. I can't tell you how much I miss it, but on my current budget the only thing I can afford to fly is a kite.

Jim, still furloughed

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back