• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

When to start applying

flyf15

Total Time
Hey guys,

I'm graduating college in December and am intent on getting a flying job afterwards (be it flight instruction, skydiving, or some of the regionals that take low time guys such as Great Lakes). When would be the best time to start applying / sending resumes? On one hand, I would hate to have to turn down offers because I still have a couple months left of school, but on the other hand it seems like the earlier I can start the better. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks much.

Rick1128

Total Time
22000+
A couple of months before graduation would not be considered out of line, as long as you mentioned somewhere in your cover letter that you will be graduating on such and such a date. Considering the date, you most likely would not hear too much until after the first of the year. Generally after the first of November, hiring cools off until after the first of the year.