When should our flight pay start?

s3jetman

Total Time
Just something for everyone to ponder and give some feedback

My feelings are is you are subject to and aircraft accident then you should be getting paid for your time that you are responsible. I have a problem with this issue.

Definition of accident states,

Any time person boards the aircraft with the intention of flight until all
persons have disembarked in which the ac receives substantial
damage,death, or serious bodily injury.

I think our flight pay should start from the time the first person steps on the plane until all have disembarked. I dont agree with the door shut or brake release cause if someone falls while boarding or in the process of stowing the bags in the overhead gets a serious injury this would have to be reported as an aircraft accident. If i am facing a possible accident on my record then I think we should be getting paid our flight pay rate as opposed to nothing as we usually are. now i realize this would cost companies tons of money and it would be tough to get into a contract but just wanted to see what everyone though about this

thanks

asayankee

Total Time
Just something for everyone to ponder and give some feedback

My feelings are is you are subject to and aircraft accident then you should be getting paid for your time that you are responsible. I have a problem with this issue.

Definition of accident states,

Any time person boards the aircraft with the intention of flight until all
persons have disembarked in which the ac receives substantial
damage,death, or serious bodily injury.

I think our flight pay should start from the time the first person steps on the plane until all have disembarked. I dont agree with the door shut or brake release cause if someone falls while boarding or in the process of stowing the bags in the overhead gets a serious injury this would have to be reported as an aircraft accident. If i am facing a possible accident on my record then I think we should be getting paid our flight pay rate as opposed to nothing as we usually are. now i realize this would cost companies tons of money and it would be tough to get into a contract but just wanted to see what everyone though about this

thanks
screw that...when I show up to the parking lot I should start getting paid. It's not my decision to have a lot 20 minutes from the crew lounge. That should be your time not mine.....if I'm at work and not on my couch they should pay me.

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Total Time
Wow....do you know how much extra money per month this would bring me in ATL due solely to the Meet-and-Assist Operation?

suupah

Total Time
you should get paid from when you check in, to when you check out every day.

Foxcow

screwed
Total Time
meh...
Duty on to duty off just like any other job. At the hotel, we get per diem.

SplitBar

Total Time
Enough
That could be negoiated but the rates would go WAY down. Your job is worth $xxx,xxx amout per year and it's up to you how you want to slice the pie to justify what you do.

sitbackrelax

Total Time
1251+
That could be negoiated but the rates would go WAY down. Your job is worth $xxx,xxx amout per year and it's up to you how you want to slice the pie to justify what you do.
I think that this would be great tactic. I'm sick of people thinking I make twice as much as I do because my hourly is so high. Imagine a colgan or lynx FO telling someone they make $10-14/hr to fly a 30 ton aircraft.

WayBack

Total Time
Pay should start when you check in.
I don't look up weather, sign the release and do paperwork for free. Thats the most critical phase.

belliott

Total Time
3000+
I think that this would be great tactic. I'm sick of people thinking I make twice as much as I do because my hourly is so high. Imagine a colgan or lynx FO telling someone they make $10-14/hr to fly a 30 ton aircraft.

I wish I made 10-14 per duty hour... I would be rich. Right now I think I am averaging about 6.87 per duty hour which is sad because I make more part time at Walmart where I rake in 8.50 an hour.... FML.

JustaNumber

Total Time
I wish I made 10-14 per duty hour... I would be rich. Right now I think I am averaging about 6.87 per duty hour which is sad because I make more part time at Walmart where I rake in 8.50 an hour.... FML.
Sounds like you need duty rigs! Then you'd at least be making about half your hourly wage (flight pay) per duty hour.

Of course, here at ASA, we only get scheduled rigs, not actual, so on an IROPs day, I guess we're screwed too.

12GO

Total Time
Sounds like you need duty rigs! Then you'd at least be making about half your hourly wage (flight pay) per duty hour.

Of course, here at ASA, we only get scheduled rigs, not actual, so on an IROPs day, I guess we're screwed too.
Don't forget Trip Rigs!

Time away from base counts even if you are not on duty. Typically four hours away from base should equal one hour of block credit!