When it rains, it pours

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyf15

Hey guys, curious if any of you have had this happen to you before...

I went 5 months and sent off 60 resumes (to 91, 121, 135, Flight Schools, etc... you name it) without hearing back from a single company... got pretty exhausting and discouraging. Then, out of nowhere, in the last week or two I've gotten four calls for interviews... from two 121 carriers and two 91 operators (one flying C402s, the other King Airs). When it rains, it definitely pours.

Is there just a lot of interviewing going on around the industry right now? This is my first time really trying to "enter" it, so I'm not too sure if it is always like this (in the spring), but it feels weird.

To those of you in my position, keep your hopes up... you'll get called!!

Last edited:
Another sign of the impending June 2007 hiring boom

Someone gets a few interview offers and it's a sign of a major pilot shortage? That happened to me just over a year ago, was that a big sign too?

Interviewarama

Actually, it was your mom performing sexual favors. Speaking of which, you'll be getting a call from my company shortly...

Last edited by a moderator:
Every little part is a sign of the hiring boom next year, you have to believe, just like your "howgoesit" trend line.

Hi!

I just talked to a new Pinnacle guy, who was a flight school instructor in WI.

They haven't had problems filling their 20 slots for new students, but just lately they can't get enough people to fill their classes. Pinnacle can't even get enough people to interview, much less fill new-hire classes.

2005 was the best year ever for virtually every jet manufacturer-from Boeing to Cessna. This year the 1st VLJs start rolling out.

Cliff
YIP

Fwiw

I read that PIA (as in Pakistan) can't find enough 777 Capts. They keep leaving for other companies.

For what it's worth....

Good luck.

pilotyip said:
Another sign of the impending June 2007 hiring boom

GO On.......

Havent heard much about this I graduate in May of 07 maybe I will get a regional job after all!

atpcliff said:
Hi!

I just talked to a new Pinnacle guy, who was a flight school instructor in WI.

They haven't had problems filling their 20 slots for new students, but just lately they can't get enough people to fill their classes. Pinnacle can't even get enough people to interview, much less fill new-hire classes.

2005 was the best year ever for virtually every jet manufacturer-from Boeing to Cessna. This year the 1st VLJs start rolling out.

Cliff
YIP

Maybe because people don't want to go to work for Pinnacle. I am out of work right now. My resume has not, is not, and will not go to Pinnacle unless that place changes 180 degrees, and even then I might not. I know for a fact I am not the only person that thinks that way. I'd rather remain unemployed as to work there...Same goes for Mesa, Colgan, Commutair, Big Sky, ect.... Some places I just don't want to work at for one reason or another.

Latest resources

Back