• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

When do YOU get out of bed?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought this thread was great the first time around...glad to see it back at the top.

Yep, I definitely agree that there's just something about unemployed pilots and the 11AM wake up. I was on that schedule when I got furloughed, too. I'm re-employed, but still on the "furloughed schedule" during the 15 days a month or so that I'm off.

I agree that it is worth bringing up again.....I was just curious if anyone else noticed (sorry if I sounded like an *ss).

I usually try to set my alarm for 10am so I'm out of bed by 11am. As long as the unemployment covers the bills, why bother.:D

When you just cannot hold the pi$$ in, and still sleep. That is when I get up, or if the wife tells me to.

Another 11AM schmuck right here. I try to get up earlier, I really do try. But at around 11 guilt and laziness finally reach an equilibrium, and it's time to go find some morning coffee to accompany lunch. I start throwing boxes in a couple weeks, in comparison that 2AM wakeup to slave for Fred Smith is going to suck like nothing has ever sucked before.

Dawn patrol

I am working now, but I was jobless for 9 months over the winter. I typically got up at 0430 to make the drive to either the north or west shore of Oahu, depending on how the wave models looked, and I'd be paddling out as first light was breaking. Surfed all morning, then go home and either brew or drink the best **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ed ale I could muster up.

On non-surfing mornings, I'd get out of bed just as soon as I chewed off my arm... C'mon, I'm not the only one in that boat....

Hi!

Partly due to the fact that I'm a night owl, and also due to the fact that most of our flying is through the night, I usually go to be about 3 and get up about 12.

I was furloughed once, and almost furloughed again last month. I hope it doesn't happen again!

Cliff
DTW

PS-If you're furloughed-I feel for you! Good luck, and keep trying...

Latest resources

Back