• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's your fav thing about this site?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The cross section of pilots, in the past when hiring was booming it was a great way to help out fellow pilots! Also to check out everyones style, i.e. Avitars etc.

I like the cross section of pilots, also. Seems like there's someone from just about every background. If you have
a question about something there is probably someone who
has experience with that and is willing to offer sound advice. Most folks are honestly trying to help each other out and there's some good discussion with people understanding each others' viewpoints.

Like Smoking Man, I like the Avitars. It was especially cool for those of us who were at the old board to see what each other had chosen. Smoking Man and I agreed the other looked pretty much as we'd imagined!

This website?

The name "The Hangar" is a good choice, becuse a lot of this is good old "hangar BS" raised to a new virtual level. I benefit from the insights of others here almost every day, and I try to share my experiences to "give something back". Although I have irritated a couple of people, I am continually challenged to respond on my best foot possible, making this an opportunity for personal growth along with the professional.

I hope this site is still here in twenty years, where I can then participate as a crusty old f*** of a captain. Maybe then, I'll change my screen name to "Curmudgeon".

It's Free

Everyone has equal voice

With having an equal voice, little to no censorship

The level of professionalism among members

Finally the vast amount on information that can be obtained from the site
:)

As with any message board, the Admin. can only provide a visually pleasing, easy to use environment- The rest is up to the participants. In my opinion the reason this site is successful is mostly because of the cross-section of people that choose to not only come here but more importantly to participate in the discussions here- That's the whole key to it.

As far as being free, I have not come across one message board out there yet that is not free. So that is a mute point, really.

I believe you asked that question mainly because you are trying to get your own boards going, and lately the going has been disappointingly slow at your site. I feel for you. The saying "If you build it, they will come" does not apply to message boards- Message boards only get off the ground if in the beginning many people make a dedicated effort to get the boards primed, and continue to do so over several months if that's what it takes- A good example of that is over at above10000.com. A quick note- The hyperlink to your site has two r's in the word "forums" and so it's a dead link the way you have it. Maybe that was intentional... I don't know. Good luck.

Last edited:
I like most the diversity of experience levels among the participants. There is someone from everywhere in aviation and a wide variety of subjects and viewpoints.

I enjoy reading a good post from a young pilot who obviously has little experience with the subject matter, but nevertheless has a relevant opinion.

It's an excellent forum. The only other aviation site I've found of personal interest is pprune. Not as diverse in pilot backgrounds but of great interest to someone like me who falls into the old f**t category and likes the international brotherhood as well as the domestic melting pot.

Kudos to the administration.

I keep coming back to see bssthounds avatar and the ups guy avatar...........you know the ups guy walking. I love it.

I find this board extremely informative and interesting. I enjoy reading the discussions and comments about a variety of issues.

Latest resources

Back