What's wrong with Pinstripes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

phishn@daves

I bought a suit a year ago from the Men's Wearhouse and it is actually a nice suit. It's blue pinstriped, but not very prominently so. Is this ok to wear to an interview? I was reading some gouge on AI.com and someone was saying you have to be "conservative" and NO pinstripes. WTF.

This is not for a regional position.

Also, where can you go and get a nice fitting suit quickly?

Thanks guy's.

Phishn

Its fine. I dont subscribe to the "navy blue 2 botton suit with a conservative red tie" blah, blah, blah.

As long as your suit isnt flashy and its cleaned and pressed and your wearing a nice crisp shirt and a fashionable but conservative tie with nice shined shoes then your fine.

Ask yourself this: If you were interviewing a guy for a job would you not hire him because he was wearing a blue pinned strip suit even though he rocked the interview? No, its silly.

If you represent yourself well and you look professional then your fine.

All my interviews were in a pinstripe suit and my favorite Jerry Garcia green tie. I rocked.

Like those above wrote, there is nothing wrong with pinstripes, sartorially or professionally. Just ensure your overall appearance is conservative. Anecdotally, I wore the same pinstripe suit to all three of my airline interviews (yeah, I need a new one), and I was offered all three jobs.

Latest resources

Back