• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's with the Dogs!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unfortunately a letter from a physician stating the animal is needed for "anxiety" is all you need to have the pet out of the carrier as a "service animal".

The benefits of the ADA far outweighs its abuses. Overall, you should be happy about it.

I agree that there are some trashy looking passengers. However, times have changed and the days of donning formal attire for the sole purpose of taking a flight are over. I wouldn't want to fly for more than an hour in the cabin wearing a suit. Not to mention, your personal dress code is arbitrary. A button down shirt can be trashier than a t-shirt, depending on the design and how clothes are worn.

You might be an SIC or a PIC and in command of the airplane but it is not your airplane, it is the airlines'. If you don't like the fact that your employer doesn't have a dress code for passengers, then you get the eff out and find another job.

Besides, I doubt you would be as repulsed by the trashy attire of a Daisy Duke look-alike......you'd even welcome it.

He did! He got the eff out of the industry. I guess after twenty some odd years,enough was enough.

So can I go the sex shop and buy one of those Jenna Jameson "molded replicas" , "sit it in my lap" while traveling and if questioned about it,call it my comfort device?

The benefits of the ADA far outweighs its abuses. Overall, you should be happy about it.

I agree that there are some trashy looking passengers. However, times have changed and the days of donning formal attire for the sole purpose of taking a flight are over. I wouldn't want to fly for more than an hour in the cabin wearing a suit. Not to mention, your personal dress code is arbitrary. A button down shirt can be trashier than a t-shirt, depending on the design and how clothes are worn.

You might be an SIC or a PIC and in command of the airplane but it is not your airplane, it is the airlines'. If you don't like the fact that your employer doesn't have a dress code for passengers, then you get the eff out and find another job.

Besides, I doubt you would be as repulsed by the trashy attire of a Daisy Duke look-alike......you'd even welcome it.

( "Gee Ward, don't you think you were a little hard on the Beaver?" )

Hey Fella's...get a load of this guy!

I wanna Party with you Cowboy....

YKLOL

Last edited:
Why call the F/A? The dog is supposed to remain in the carrier. IMHO a perfect legitimate reason to have law enforcement meet the jet.

...and we wonder why there is such a big pubic movement to limit what they see as extremes of interfering with a crewmember, etc...and trying to get that limited....:rolleyes: If being next to a dog is the worst thing to happen to you through the course of airlining, perhaps you should just stay inside your house?...or do you have so little power at home that fixating on such things makes you feel as if you have some significance?

" Curr Position: pro choice" - Waka

"The benefits of the ADA far outweighs its abuses." - Waka

------------------------------------------------

So, let me understand your position here:

- Kill Babies.
- Help cripples.

?

Ookaaay...

Wait...Better idea:

- How about we just kill crippled Babies so we have a perfect society and no need for the ADA and all this other PC krap?

( Can I say "crippled" or do I need to use the terms "mentally or physically challenged" ? It's just all so overwhelming.)

YK????

Last edited:
" How about we just kill crippled Babies..."

Okay, that would'nt work...We would cut off the supply of people who grow up and become Airline Pilots.

Wait...Maybe that's the answer to creating "The Pilot Shortage" and putting Kit Darby back in business?

Man, I come up with some great ideas when I drink this new blend of coffee from Peru. At least I'm pretty sure it's coffee...A little on the bitter side, but man it get's the wheels turning.

YKMKR

...and we wonder why there is such a big pubic movement to limit what they see as extremes of interfering with a crewmember, etc...and trying to get that limited....:rolleyes: If being next to a dog is the worst thing to happen to you through the course of airlining, perhaps you should just stay inside your house?...or do you have so little power at home that fixating on such things makes you feel as if you have some significance?
My response was to a post reporting that he saw the dog defecating in the aircraft and the owner making no effort to tell anyone, or clean it up.

The rule is that the animal remains inside its carrier, unless it is required to be out (as in a seeing eye dog) and then it must be on a harness.

The lady described clearly violated the rule, the comfort, and potentially the safety of other passengers. It is likely a frightened dog will bite another passenger. We have an affirmative duty to forsee potential harm to our passengers and protect them.

Secure areas are not designed with any places for a dog to relieve itself. We all know, eventually, the dog is going to relieve itself in a public place. Maybe a requirement for doggie diapers is in order, but in no way should an airline permit defecation in the public areas on board a crowded jet.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back