• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats with Pinnacle..........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let me tell you, flight instructing is not a "waste of time". Not saying you need 2000 dual give, but 300 hours of it sure will give you a new perspective.

How's 400 hours instructing? And about 450 PIC before I got hired there?

Uh, fine. If you have 400 dual given, then you are not what would be considered a "low-time" new hire at 9e, IMO. That would require less than 5-600 TOTAL time.

Turbo

it's funny when I talk to the captains about the Gulfstream guys. They instantly get a little fire in their eyes, and if they were just laughing before, they have suddenly taken the crash ax to their temple.

Heard a Gulfstream guy stood up and walked out after yelling at Mefford in MEM

AND Expressjet, Air Wisconsin, ASA, Mesa, TSA, Goatjets and Eagle.

But you can pretend it is only a 9E problem.

I should have put Notwest in quotation marks. I wasn't trying to imply that only 9E hires low time guys. I was making fun of the fact that so many more 9E pilots tell people they fly for mainline than I have ever heard from other feeder pilots. I don't think you can dispute that with a straight face!:beer:

Well, my point is moot! I got the call from Flexjet, so I won't have to find out if flying the frasca really helps me be a better CRJ pilot? Good luck to all the 600 hour wunderkinder out there flying for Northwest!
I don't know which is worse, and I've flown at both carriers.

Flexjet WAS a GREAT place to work pre-1999 (before AA sold back their interest to Bombardier). Wasn't planning on leaving, but then it turned from a great place into a sh*t sandwich.

Tell Rick H I said to bite my bender... still haven't decided whether or not to sue him and Flexjet for slander, but that's a longer story.

Back on topic, Crown, I'm sure you're a capable F/O, but like Turbo said, don't get cocky. The WORST thing about the wunderkids was that they didn't know what they lacked in terms of general airmanship. The only time I ever had to take the airplane in 5 years at PCL was from GIA poster boy. Most of them came to be excellent pilots and later, Captains, but the majority of them should never, in my professional opinion, have ever been there at their low experience level.

I agree completely with one of the other posters: an ATP should be a basic, minimum requirement to be employed at a Part 121 air carrier, flag or supplemental. The problem isn't a shortage of pilots, the problem is a shortage of pilots willing to go to work for 14, 16, or 18k a year and the abundance of high school grads willing to fork out 50, 60, or 75k for the privilege of taking just that kind of job.

3701 is a perfect example of how bad things happen when you mix bad judgment (PIC) with extremely low time (SIC) who wasn't aware of the danger he was in until it was too late. I flew with him the month before it happened; great kid, terrible tragedy, all avoidable if he had been seasoned enough to put a stop to the stupidity.

Argue all you want, there's NO substitute, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, no training whatsoever equivalent to EXPERIENCE.

CHQ/RAH requires 1500TT mins...if it makes anyone else feel better...Actually I think we changed insurance providers, and now it's a hard minimum.:)

I think PFT is where the whole problem stemmed from.
Pilots are our own worst enemies.
This is why management knows that they can continue to bring the wages and work rules down.
Management knows they can get pilots no matter what they pay.

WOW, You really have a hardon for Pinnacle. How long did you fly there? There have been 300 hour pilots hired at Air Wisconsin, but I dont see you telling people not to fly for them. I do agree that 300 hundred hour pilots is INSANE. But there are at least seven jet regionals hiring at 600 are below and at least five jet operators hiring with 300tt. It is an industry problem not just pinnacle. I can say first hand that it is not as bad as you say, and improving.

Oh and buy the way.........
:uzi: Pinnacle management/Gulfstream/Jet U:smash:
[/QUOTE]

Just curious but who are the seven at 600 adn the 5 at 300?

Just curious but who are the seven at 600 adn the 5 at 300?[/quote]

Sorry, bad wording. I include the five within the seven.

Hey Rich how ya doing.

Most people can fly an an airplane. The point is working your way up the ranks and learning by flight instructing or flying freight. This process makes you a more proficient and better pilot. I'm an ex PNCL pilot and have flown with many low time guys from GIA or Embry-Riddle CAP program with my 5 year venture at PNCL. Yes, you guys can fly and have great attitude, etc.. A low time pilot lack one major thing is decison making skills. When something major goes wrong most panic or don't know what to do because the lack of experience to make decisions promtly and quickly. You all have not flown turboprop in the weather all day and got the crap scared out of you. Nor have you flight instructed and had a student put you in an unusual situation during landing or manuevers in the practice area. Anybody can read a checklist or QRH, but going beyond that you learn from previous flying experience working your way up the aviation ranks. I did not want to flight instruct, but it was the best learning experience to better futher me in my aviation career.

Latest resources

Back