What's up with us carrying guns?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

snine3departure

Anybody know when we will be allowed to carry guns. Not looking for this to turn into a debate, just want the particulars on carrying guns in the cockpit.

That date has not been published. We don't know how long it will take to select the weapons and ammunition, schedule the training, and write the rules whereby the weapons may be used.

Your guess as to how long this will take might be as good as anyone else's. My guess is nine to sixteen months.

I'm curious.. The law has been signed that will allow pilots (some.. not all) to carry weapons. Pilots will have to undergo training given by the TSA. The TSA has no funds in the budget for this training. The TSA wants this training to be 4 weeks. The union representatives want 1 week. Once pilots are training and certified to carry the weapons, have the airlines themselves said they would allow their pilots to carry these weapons??

Has any airline said one way or another they will allow this on their airplanes?

As I understand it, the companies will not have any say whatsoever as to who can become a federal flight deck officer.

Latest resources

Back