Whats up with Frontier?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
crashpad said:
Be careful. Ambition is an admirable quality, but too much may produce a negative result. The fact you previously had an interview scheduled that was cancelled is something HR is aware of. I think your best option is to state your continued desire to serve Frontier in writing. Furthermore, Priority Mail envelopes cost about two dollars and they stand out in a good way by showing the level of importance this means to you. Your response to being notified of the cancellation was the best opportunity to ensure another interview in the future. How did you respond to the bad news?
AnimalTale is someone I respect and know to have professional qualities others can only emulate. While his approach may work for others, the same cost me two years of seniority.

Crashpad -

Thanx for the advice, sending a letter sounds a little more my speed. I REALLY don't want to do anything to risk a possible phone call. A lady named Fran called me to notify me of the cancellation. She just said they would resume sometime this year and to keep updating so I am!

Good luck ATR, hope to see you soon.
I believe it is still the ONLY source from which candidates are selected.

Last edited:
Does F9 actually look into the Airline Apps service to get their candidates?

That's how I applied last year, and was called for an interview 2 weeks later. I knew no one at the company at the time. I'm in the pool, and keep my phone numbers, addresses, etc. updated on that site. According to Gary in HR, they check the Airline Apps site for that contact information. I called him a couple of times this year, and he checked the site while we were on the phone to confirm changes I had made.

ATR: The HR people are very nice and easy to talk to, but I have only called every 3 months or so just to remind them I'm still alive and ready to work whenever they get the word to resume hiring. Any more often I feel would be a little too much.

Also, HR is aware of the AviationInterviews web site, and that their interview questions were getting predictable. Look for different questions when they resume interviewing.

Cheers

Last edited:
Three captain displacements in Sept.

More captains than FO's caused two different bid packets for August - I think this is the first time captains and FOs have had different lines.

If the bottom three captains take a voluntary displacement they are FO for a maximum of three months. If they hold out and there is an involuntary displacement then all bets are off.

I'm looking forward to the new hires and upgrades!

The, Voluntary, three displacements are for the shortage of FOs currently on the list. Also (rumored from a legible source) classes will be starting in September instead of October.

Good Luck
Cya

Frontier class date

Got a call from Gary Hamrick in HR today offering a 12 Sept class. I've been in the pool since my 8 Sept class was cnx'd last year. Finally, the wait is over. Anyone know a good place to get an FAA medical in Denver. Good luck to all.

Latest resources

Back