What's up at Gemini?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Bad Rumours" ????!!

WTF are you talking about? What do you know?? Were you fired? FYI, those NOT fired/furloughed are paid ok, those fired/terminated/furloughed were NOT paid their pay, their 30 days for lack of notice OR their legitimate company expenses. This is NOT rumour this is fact and this is abhorrent behavior, the worse I have ever seen from any company. I have talked directly to Bill A, (MEC) and to many of those effected today who confirmed as fact this "rumour"

Shut the F up if you don't know the reality and stop spreading anti-truth BS

tj

No need to have an attitude. I was terminated. Like I said, eveyone I talked with didn't have any pay issues. Sorry to hear that there are guys/gals that are.

No need to have an attitude. I was terminated. Like I said, eveyone I talked with didn't have any pay issues. Sorry to hear that there are guys/gals that are.

Everyone just calm down. (pause) Well mate, if your looking for a job still, as your profile suggests, please take a few minutes to go to the World Airways website and inquire about the application process. From a little inside information, they are having an shortened interview process for you current GAC MD11 guys. With those quals, you will go to the front of the line. If the A/C they are looking to acquire come thru and the FAA approves a shortened training course you could be in class before the end of July. And no, this is not based on GAC A/C.

If you have already or plan to persue this, good luck!

PtP

Last edited:
I think that person should refile their expense report or stop spreading bad rumors. I've been reimbursed for all my expenses including ones on my personal card. That includes the expense report I put in yesterday that was approved for payment on my next(and last) paycheck. So has most everyone else I've spoken with. By the way, it hasn't been months since the cards were cancelled. It was only about a week and a half ago...right about the time the big announcement came along.

That person I'm talking about is JJ. And it is not rumor.

1st: They furlough without warning
2nd: They don't pay back wages
3rd: They don't even pay valid expense claims for travel and hotels.

Whats ALPA doing?

Anyone at Gemini who wants a personal recommend for a job at WOA. PM Me.

Palm Tree and Dutch thanks for the info and thanks for returning this to a civil intelligent conversation instead of a bunch of personal attacks.

Is World going to interview anymore current and qualified MD11 drivers, and if so when ?

I certainly understand it from World's point of view, they save a bunch on training costs. They also get the inside scoop on everyone they interview-you know what's this guy really like on an 18 day road trip or a back to back month out for over 30 days.

So if I missed the first call any hope ?

There is always hope mate.

TJSatter can give you more detailed info, I'm sure. The word is that they should know by Fri. if these A/C are coming to us. If it pans out they want to interview again in mid July. I'm sure they are wanting as many qualified 11 guys as they can get.

You'll never know until you try, right?

Good Luck,

PtP

Everyone just calm down. (pause) Well mate, if your looking for a job still, as your profile suggests, please take a few minutes to go to the World Airways website and inquire about the application process. From a little inside information, they are having an shortened interview process for you current GAC MD11 guys. With those quals, you will go to the front of the line. If the A/C they are looking to acquire come thru and the FAA approves a shortened training course you could be in class before the end of July. And no, this is not based on GAC A/C.

If you have already or plan to persue this, good luck!

PtP

Thanks. I sent my stuff to World on Sunday, so now I'm just hoping for a call.

Latest resources

Back