Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
don't look back

mainiac,
IMHO you made the right move. All of the above is true. I was a solid line holder for over a year (fo) and now back on reserve. It's true that we are getting (fractionally) more flying each month, but the trips are so unproductive that it's still a BIG net loss in terms of lines.
I also heard last week from a union guy that representation is way up because the CPs are looking to bust pilots, sick calls way up.
Not much fun.
Go FAs!

thanks for the post. I was just about to ask the exact same question (thank goodness for the seach feature!). I too am one of those who left in the last 6 months. It was very bittersweet leaving Comair. I hated to do, but had no other choice (pay). I will be paying close attention to what happens though...good luck guys.

brvopilot said:
thanks for the post. I was just about to ask the exact same question (thank goodness for the seach feature!). I too am one of those who left in the last 6 months. It was very bittersweet leaving Comair. I hated to do, but had no other choice (pay). I will be paying close attention to what happens though...good luck guys.

Ditto, you guys are one good bunch to work with. Is it true that MR is gone? My initials are MR and I am gone, but not me, you know the CP MR.

B-J-J Fighter said:
When do you think Comair will need to hire again?

I guess I'll put two dollars in the pot for May, based on attrition and low recall acceptance rate.

Order a pizza anywhere in Kentucky and a former CMR f/o will deliver it...
In reality there are a handfull are at Air Wisconsin, some flying 135 gigs, some Eagle and some just sucking off the goverments sweet juicy teet. Almost forgot some of the younger guys are going back to school, some meds some law some just normal stuff.

Last edited:
Homer Jay said:
I'm on reserve next month and I have been here for three years..FUN TIMES!!!

Big deal. There's people at my airline that have been here for 3 years and are still on reserve. They are called captains.

Latest resources

Back