• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats the word on Kalitta Air hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We just had a bid close for six 400 FOs. No eligible people bid it so I would think they will be filled with new hires. We also just had a bid come out for six FEs. Those will also most likely be filled with new hires.

Well I thought I was talking to some guys "in the know" back in October but apparently I wasn't. You guys would know more than my second or third hand knowledge.

Just about everybody considers Atlas to have a better contract than us. I don't think anyone thinks it's so much better that they would give up Captain pay to go to the bottom of the Atlas seniority list to start again as a junior F.O.
I have heard from a friend in Atlas ground school a few months ago that management was saying that every single person on the property would make captain within two years. If I was sitting in ground school at Atlas I would happily believe that and wouldn't even question the person telling me :). However sitting over here I have my doubts. That would be an insane amount of growth in two years!

Last edited:
I love how rumors change.;) The latest class was told captain is possible in three years. Yes, massive growth. It would have to be due to a light twin coming on the property.

For you guys that have been there a while. When you upgrade, do you stay at the current year of service pay? Or do you slide down to first year capt pay?

For you guys that have been there a while. When you upgrade, do you stay at the current year of service pay? Or do you slide down to first year capt pay?

Stay with current year pay.

From what I have heard, a new hire has to get himself to YIP for school and pay for a hotel during school, 6-7 weeks I assume. Is per diem paid during school in YIP and what can one expect for hotel costs?

Latest resources

Back