Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyinloki

R.I.P. Dan and Terry
What is the current word over at Kalitta from any current employees? I'm assuming they are hiring because I just received a email. Went to a career fair and talked with an assistant chief 5 months ago and never heard anything else till now. Been at my current job just over a month so the timing is off which is why I'm trying to get any kind of input on here. Are they hiring into pools or are they hiring hiring? I'm guessing Atlas stole a lot of their current Captains in their current hiring blitz. Any info is good info. Thx people!

From the sound of things at the job fair back in October a lot were jumping to Atlas but I guess not? I'm assuming most of the hiring is for the Northwest -200s that were bought then.

They are hiring for both the classic and the 400. I also have not heard of anyone leaving here for Atlas or anyone else.

They are hiring for both the classic and the 400. I also have not heard of anyone leaving here for Atlas or anyone else.

If you are hired today and have good time, what is more likely the Classic or the 400? Are there big differences in their schedules/utilization? Are you pretty much flying just as much on both types?

If you are hired today and have good time, what is more likely the Classic or the 400? Are there big differences in their schedules/utilization? Are you pretty much flying just as much on both types?

From my understanding it is a crap shoot as to which plane you will fly. Right now I believe the 400s are flying more. Things have slowed down a bit (which is normal for this time of year). I have only flown about 18 hours since Jan 1st. It is actually kind of a nice break after the busy holiday season. Others have flown alot more.

From my understanding it is a crap shoot as to which plane you will fly. Right now I believe the 400s are flying more. Things have slowed down a bit (which is normal for this time of year). I have only flown about 18 hours since Jan 1st. It is actually kind of a nice break after the busy holiday season. Others have flown alot more.

When one wants to gamble with dice, would they go to the "crap" table or the craps table for a craps shoot?

Unless of course, you're talking about some bizarre game involving shooting
at fecal matter!:D

From the sound of things at the job fair back in October a lot were jumping to Atlas but I guess not? I'm assuming most of the hiring is for the Northwest -200s that were bought then.

I'm just curious who you heard saying that Kalitta captains were leaving for Atlas. People at the Atlas booth? I haven't heard of anybody here jumping ship but there is a lot that I don't hear!

Latest resources

Back