Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

91100 100 set

to the book
I've been hearing some rumors from some of my former coworkers at ALG that the plan for the Dashes is now to bring them back, with PDT being authorized to hire quite a few people in the coming weeks and months. After all the turmoil, misinformation, and rumors at the two companys over the past 2 or 3 years, I was curious what was going on and wanted to get it straight from the source here at flightinfo.

Not flame, just looking for more rumors to substaniate what I've heard in crew rooms.

I heard from some pilots @ PDT that the plan was to transform the fleet into about 60 DHC8 300's and get rid of the older 100's and the 200's. Just a rumor.

Also heard PSA was possibly on the way out, maybe sold to Mesa...also just B.S. most likely.

No, the Dash 8 300's are older then the 200's (the ones PDT uses). The word is this at Piedmont: Fact-Right now we are gonna hire 40 a month all threw next year. Fact-Remember once MDA starts hiring again we (PDT/ALG) have plenty waiting to go. Fact-We will be upgrading 12 a month all threw next year.
Rumor - Hiring Street Captains by the end of next year.
Rumor - Group is looking for more 200/300's, and we have some 300's that were waiting to come before the first Chpt 11. I believe there were 6 more waiting to be delivered. Rumor is that they are being heavy checked as we type. Don't count on the 100's leaving since Group out right owns a bunch of them at PDT.
Rumor - Group wants PDT to be at about 70 Dash 8's. This way PDT will be the only Bug Smashers in the US Airways System. Plans are to get rid of all the other Contract Turbo Props to conserve cash. Basically this is the first step by US Airways to start phasing out a bunch of the contract flying. Fuel prices are killing them and the Dash 8's seem to be the plane to fly at this time.
Gotta love this industry..... Grrrrrrr

ALG Info

Released today;
ALG MEC code-a-phone said:
The reasons that the Allegheny pilot’s transition training to the Piedmont operations was being postponed is threefold:

First, there is a finite amount of simulator time in the US and Canada that is available for all the training and checking that needs to be accomplished. Therefore, the company has had to prioritize the training that is done.

Second, US Airways Group has assigned additional flying to Piedmont/Allegheny in February that will require additional aircraft to be brought onto the property as well as increasing the utilization of the fleet.

Third, in order to staff for this additional flying and utilization, the Company will need to hire 200 additional pilots during fiscal 2005.

By delaying the transition training of the Allegheny pilots, the training resources can be devoted to new hire and Upgrade training, upgrade training which will include the transition training of ALG first officers who desire to bid PDT domicile Captain vacancies.

Heavy SetQuote:
Originally Posted by Smoking Man
PSA is not getting sold to MESA!

For now...

Uhhhh try never. If the end does come for U I doubt that MESA would want to purchase 40 more RJ's to fly. Also U makes 8% more profit on a PSA rj over a MESA rj.

Smoking Man said:
Heavy SetQuote:
Uhhhh try never. If the end does come for U I doubt that MESA would want to purchase 40 more RJ's to fly. Also U makes 8% more profit on a PSA rj over a MESA rj.
That's only when the PSA flight actually makes the trip and doesn't cancel. 60% completion rates don't help. That, and the fact that they can't get any more aircraft.

WSurf said:
Fact-Right now we are gonna hire 40 a month all threw next year. Fact-Remember once MDA starts hiring again we (PDT/ALG) have plenty waiting to go. Fact-We will be upgrading 12 a month all threw next year.
Rumor - Hiring Street Captains by the end of next year.

Threw?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back