• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the latest with Commutair??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am interviewing with Commutair on Tuesday January 1st. Hearing all this is pretty discouraging. I currently work flying freight in a C210 all single pilot IFR and I am looking forward to getting a chance to upgrade to a 1900. I dont have a clue what the plans are at Commutair for the future, but any encouraging news would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

rodawg said:
I am interviewing with Commutair on Tuesday January 1st. Hearing all this is pretty discouraging. I currently work flying freight in a C210 all single pilot IFR and I am looking forward to getting a chance to upgrade to a 1900. I dont have a clue what the plans are at Commutair for the future, but any encouraging news would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

From your profile, it looks like you went to ATP, but have had trouble scraping up twin time since then. I was in the same boat. Flying single pilot, single engine freight thru all kinds of weather sucks. My advice is to use CA for what it is, a place to build some turbine time and get some 121 experience. Since they have no training contract, you are free to go when you want. Worst case, you love it there and stay forever. Try and be based in CLE, and the trips are extremely commutable.

Good luck.

rodawg said:
I am interviewing with Commutair on Tuesday January 1st.

Make sure you get your dates figured out when you fill out your paperwork on tuesday! :rolleyes:

Good job on scoring the interview. Good luck!

If they treat you so badly why don't you leave DOVPILOT ? If you already left why are you still so bitter? If you never worked there what do you know?

What I suspect is that you are a looser that hides behind a nickname and is afraid of his own shadow when in public...

Good luck to you...you will need it with that attitude... it's a small industry!

Don't bother to reply I will not read it!!

P.S. I worked there and was treated very well considering the industry I CHOSE to get involved with...

No need to get discouraged. You have an opportunity to get a job with a 121 carrier. At worst it will make your next job easier to get. At best you may catch us on an up cycle and move up pretty quickly.

While our ownership and their strategic planning and marketing may be weak, our ops side of things is pretty good. Training is straight forward and MX is good. Basically we are a good company to get your feet wet with 121 operations. Certainly not a place to spend your career though.

Thanks to all that had posative things to say. And to answer someone earlier, I did not do my training at ATP or any other factory like it. No offense to those who did. It is just not might cup of tea. And as far as my twin time I dont have more then 200 but I have quite more then the minimums.I look forward to this interview and having the chance to fly something new. I do have a question. As far as, if I am hired are there a fair amount of crash pads in Cleveland or Albany. Once again thanks.

Latest resources

Back