Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

T-prop

Ab Initio is the best...
I just noticed that commutair resumed hiring. I haven't heard anything about them for a while. Last I knew they were a decent company. Does anyone have any new info??

Thanks

CommutAir is hiring because everybodys jumping off a sinking ship. They have given back 4 or 5 1900s to beech, pulled out of 5 cities in their Albany hub and rumor has it that Continential will give their CLE flying to Colgan when their contract is up later this year. Its not the company it was in the 90's.

CommutAir is hiring because everybodys jumping off a sinking ship. They have given back 4 or 5 1900s to beech, pulled out of 5 cities in their Albany hub and rumor has it that Continential will give their CLE flying to Colgan when their contract is up later this year. Its not the company it was in the 90's.

Most of what you say is correct except for the CLE flying. It is a 42 month contract which began 22 months ago. September of `06 is when it would end. Who knows what will happen then.

But yes, we have cut YUL, YOW, BDL, BTV, SYR and PVD off of the ALB system and have returned four aircraft to Raytheon, sold another (frankenbeech), and have at least one other up for sale.

But the Saabs are coming!! (sarcasm in case you can't tell)

Wow, someone actually paid for Frankenbeech? Money?

Just when I thought I'd seen everything in this crazy industry!

Apparently they paid over $2 million. It was a Nigerian outfit that bought it. They refurbished the interior with a corporate layout, and installed a lav on it. They then promptly crashed it someplace in Africa. But, being Frankenbeech, it will once again be rebuilt (seriously).

You can read about its first accident in its first life as N215CJ with Colgan:

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief2.asp?ev_id=20001204X00107&ntsbno=NYC99LA052&akey=1

Last edited:
NEDude said:
Most of what you say is correct except for the CLEflying. It is a 42 month contract which began 22 months ago. Septemberof `06 is when it would end. Who knows what will happen then.

But yes, we have cut YUL, YOW, BDL, BTV, SYR and PVD off of the ALBsystem and have returned four aircraft to Raytheon, sold another(frankenbeech), and have at least one other up for sale.

But the Saabs are coming!! (sarcasm in case you can't tell)

A real shame. I had a blast flying there, with some great people.

I should have known.

Well that's good, at least for everyone in ALB. Although it was kind of amusing when he had to fly with Dubin Blackspot all the time. ("Jeez, the Flight Director was showing down and right and he was flying up and left!!!!") I've been told that he had shown an interest in getting on with a certain LCC out of ATL, but there are too many people "in the know" there for it to happen.

Where are you now? PM me if you don't want to incriminate yourself.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back