What's the latest on the G650?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BillJBrake

What went wrong? I haven't heard anything really substantial since all of the preliminary stuff immediately after the accident. What's the word in the G community? Are they sticking with Pilot Error?

We all know G's don't ever fail, :D

Of course I have no idea, but the fact they have not resumed flight testing would lead me to believe it may be a bit more than just "pilot error." I hope for Gulfstream's sake they find an answer soon...

Between this, the 7X and the latest Air France Airbus information, I'm not sure I'm completely sold on FBW...

So, the fact that they are flying it again so soon, without any substantial answers as to the cause of the accident, would lead me to believe that it may be leaning toward pilot error.

Not throwing mud by any means, it's just my guess.

Asked an FAA inspector about it this morning. He said they pulled an engine on takeoff and apparently the VMC number was off.

Just hearsay and I take it with a grain of salt.

TC

I spoke with someone at SAV yesterday and they told me that they did not have one customer back out of a 650 slot and that other OEM's are stepping up and providing support to the families. Nice to see

Latest resources

Back