Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AZaviator

El Capitan
There hasn't been much lately on Horizon. How are things over there? Any news such as new routes? growth? Any chance of interviews before the end of the year?

Thanks in advance for any news or info! :cool:

My buddy over there tells me they are done for the year.........there are some new good rumors going around though, I'll let the QX guys spill the beans first.

To answer your question.....the reason for no news for Horizon is that....crickets chirping.....there is no news. There are no beans to spill, wish there were. The rumor has been if F9 wants more airplanes in Denver. Seems that the Alaska Board is rumored having a hard time justifying buying more RJ's to feed Alaska's competition. Maybe we will get some Caravans or something. Nothing has changed and don't expect anything exciting anytime in the near future. We have 10 retirements next year. Is that exciting? We are taking delivery of another Q400 in the next few weeks. It was an RJ order converted. I think next year we are getting 1 q400 and 1 crj7 and LaMaar said a few weeks ago over some pizza there may be a few classes in the fall to staff for these two airplanes in 2005. I hear 2-3 years as an FO in Portland in the Dash gets you a good reserve line. How's that for seniority. I have just over 4.5 years seniority and would have chosen from the bottom few lines or a vacation relief/composite line in Portland last bid....as an FO. There is just NO movement. Alaska has a faster upgrade. Maybe it will all change but I don't see how anytime soon.

What's the DOH of the most junior CA at QX?

8/17/1999

Latest resources

Back