Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the attrition rate at Comair these days?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A pulse and dumb enough to show for class are the competitive mins.``

Wow...back in the summer of 2002, Comair was the HOTTEST place to be. I knew a guy who had 3,000 hours with F-18 time, and he couldn't get an interview at Comair. Tells a lot about how quickly this industry can change.

What's the hire date for the most junior capt. now?

12/02. Newest upgrade classes were delayed 3 months, due to a decrease in attrition/sick calls and "sim issues." Last I heard, attrition was down to 11/month. On average, we lost 35/month all last year. I would expect attrition to spike in the months after the bankruptcy claim awards hit our 401k's.

Body temp around 98 deg. and a pulse between 1 and 100 bpm and able to identify an airplane in a picture of an airport.

And danged if some people don't even make that. I was offered an interview 1050/50.

-Goose

PS: My pulse is around 120 lately!

Heard some 8 year CA's getting around 45k. 2nd year FO getting around 16-17k

This "2nd year FO" is getting significantly less than that despite the fact that I took a pay cut almost twice as much as you and can't bid out of the CR7 for a decent schedule.

This "2nd year FO" is getting significantly less than that despite the fact that I took a pay cut almost twice as much as you and can't bid out of the CR7 for a decent schedule.

2nd yr is not a lot less, I hit 3rd yr in the next week and my payout is in the mid of 16 17k

I jsut finished 2 years here and am taking in 16,500ish. Why can't you bid out of the 700?

I knew a guy who had 3,000 hours with F-18 time, and he couldn't get an interview at Comair.
How long did he fly that thing for? I know a guy who has been flying F-18's in the Marines for the last 9 years, and only has 800 hours in them. Regardless, he's going to UPS with 1,100TT.

I've been there since December, getting $11,433.

Lots of guys are saying they're getting thier payout, and walking with no 2 weeks notice.

Latest resources

Back