• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hindsight2020

Yeah Buddy
Hi folks,

Are there any certificates or ratings beyond a commercial and CFI, that are required to conduct aerobatic instruction? I plan to eventually invest in the purchase of an acro aircraft and acro instruction seems like one way to subsidize the cost of the operation of the aircraft.

Also, is the insurance the kicker in here? What kind of difference is there between insuring the acro plane for one's personal use vs. intending to instruct in it?

Thanks folks and
Happy flying

IIRC, you don't even have to be a CFI to give acro lessons (no time built for ratings, no "currency" training or such is involved). As always in our brave new world, insurance is probably the limiting factor.

hmm, I thought at least a commercial certificate and a CFI, but I guess not, anybody want to chime in on that one. If it's true then I guess it's just a matter of getting proficient in one's aircraft and skill and handling the insurance....

That's not a bad deal, unless the cost of that insurance supercedes whatever income I can make off the aircraft...

Any thoughts?

You might not need a CFI to give acro instruction, but if I were recieving instruction in acro or anything else, I'm pretty sure that I'd want a CFI to be giving it.

-Goose

P.S. My ass is not allergic to any seat in the airplane.

Latest resources

Back