Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's Really Wrong With The Airline Industry - And Can It Be Fixed?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i love pilot "numbers" ... so ridiculous....

pipe ... aeroflot might be the place for you, china's too capitalistic for you

...Delta and United had contracts that would have paid 230 an hour for 737 equipment 7 YEARS AGO!!!...it would make swa the lowest once again as they always have been ever since they were created...You are quite savage, kicking a man when he's down!

Oh cry me a river. Coulda woulda shoulda. That was then, this is now. My comments were facts relevant to today's industry, not based on some attachment to the past.

Don't like your contract since 9/11? Did you vote "NO" on your concessionary TA(s)?

Did you write your congressman/union demanding your pension not be terminated?

Me kicking someone when they're down? Why don't you put the pipe down and try standing UP!

Yes, I'm SAVAGE!!!GRRRR!!!

It took the airlines a long time to get in the mess that they are in, and it will take them a long time to clean up the mess. The problems have many factors other than we can take a pill and it's going to be all right. It is similar to an alcoholic telling everyone that they do not have a problem, okay whenever you get ready for help you let us know.

When the airfares were expensive and many people did not fly unless it was a special occasion; many of these U.S airlines had a small fleet of aircraft. Before deregulation you could add United, American, Delta, and Northwest fleets together and get 500 aircraft. After deregulation, it is close to 2000 aircraft not counting regional aircraft.

Many of your foreign carriers such as British Airways, and Air France have not change that much in fleet size despite their route systems. That is ironic.

Time is moving on better get with or it will soon be gone.

pipjock, site your source for SWA having over 50% market share, I can only find SWA at 26% as recent as 2006. Interestingly, USair has 38%...

Yes some of you caught me, I admit. I apparently was so riled up my mind didn't send the right signals to my fingers while typing. What I meant to say is that southworst has the largest domestic market share.

Latest resources

Back