• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's really up at Flexjet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What loser had the stones to actually say that to a guy about to lose his job? Guess he wasn't too worried about paying his own bills. This isn't even close to appropriate. My thoughts exactly. Tell us it wasn't another pilot, Uncle!

Between this, the bluebelly, ops number, blackberries and perdiem it's got to make one wonder. Waterview has always been okay being second best to NJA on so many issues, I guess this wasn't too far a leap for them to go from "Best in Class" to low class. I'm just so proud of my company today, just so very very proud... (Sarcasm) I think perhaps you guys hadn't put your management to the test before. Then as you started to slip farther behind some of you spoke up...and their true colors came out.

Sorry for all you guys, but I agree it looks like they aren't planning on calling anyone back and are trying to make darn sure anyone who was planning on coming back wouldn't want to. Too big of a risk to bring back people who would pro union as a result of their expereinces. That sux. Plain old sux.

If that's the case then Flex management has buried their heads in the sand. Or they're expecting the rest of your pilotgroup to wear blinders ..:rolleyes: Too late. They're lack of respect for pilots and complete disregard for their families has now been made plain for all to see. The rest of you don't have to get furloughed to know that you need to stand together and represent your interests yourselves. Management might try to issue blinders and a gag as part of your Flex uniform, but knowing pilots, I can't see you guys wearing those. Best Wishes! NJW

Not to get too personal and I can understand if you don't want to post it, but what was the severence package offered to you guys? Have you ever called your old ACP for an update and if so what was the response?

Good luck with the job hunt - I can only imagine how tough it is right now.

ESF, while I echo FW's sentiments, I'm not as shy, apparently, when it comes to asking pilots to share info with the rest of us. Considering the economic situation right now, lots of frac families are nervous and I think it will help to have a candid discussion about the situation. I know that many NJ pilots/families have a tough decision coming up--do they take the offered 3 yr leave at 1k a month plus benefits or risk being furloughed and getting only the severance package. For comparison, at NJA those off probation would get 2-4 months pay, depending on yrs of service; benefits for 2-4 mos, accordingly, also. In the interest of knowing where we all stand, I think it helps to compare notes. The NJA pilots get unlimited recall rights so that makes unlimited the industry standard. The Flex 85 could mention that to management. Perhaps they would see the light and give you guys an extension. Remember, you don't get what you don't ask for...;) Good Luck to you and yours! NJW

Netjetwife, I recall a while back you said that you weren't going to post in Flexjet threads anymore. What happened with that?

Not to get too personal and I can understand if you don't want to post it, but what was the severence package offered to you guys? Have you ever called your old ACP for an update and if so what was the response?

Good luck with the job hunt - I can only imagine how tough it is right now.

Considering the fact that they don't have to give you anything, I felt the severence package was pretty good. Couple months of pay, unused vacation, money for COBRA(which is insanely expensive) and we also got the bonus for last year.

I heard FR say that he hopes business will improve so that they can hire again. He didn't say anything about recalling. I'm sure he knows the difference as this isn't his first furlough.

All the BS about the company clearing blackberries and all the other stuff is really unfortunate. Taking bluebelly access away while you are still employed is a low blow. They trust you to fly their airplane but access to the website is a no-no.

Flex has always been very secretive in almost everything they do(maybe from all the times they have been sued and lost). Especially now, nobody knows who's getting canned next.

It would be easy to forget all this BS if there were other jobs available, but there is nothing out there. I knew my job search was getting desperate when I applied to Chuck E Cheese, no joke.

Netjetwife, I recall a while back you said that you weren't going to post in Flexjet threads anymore. What happened with that?

I for one am happy to have her here. I started this thread because families are being affected and are trying to sort this mess out and plan their futures. The voice of reason and experience from someone who's been there, done that is invaluable to those of us looking for ways to overcome the hardships and move all flex families into an atomsphere where pilots have a fighting chance against a system that obviously undervalues them. That includes furloughed families as well and the big fractional picture superceeds this as an issue of her being in a flex thread.

If I didn't know better I'd say it seems ya'll big boys are a liitle threatened by sharing the playground with the honey bunnies for fear we might just turn out to prove ourselves invaluable to the process, but I've heard from some very bright and thoughtful joes, married and otherwise who seem to get it. Thanks for that guys!

You do know that the Economic Stimulus package included a provision that pays 65% of your COBRA cost for 9 months?

Big savings courtesy Uncle Obama.

That's awesome news for some of us for whom the insurance is a top priority. This is perhaps the only good thing frac pilots might get out ofthis administration. Question though. If Flex provides the $$ with the intent of it being used for Cobra do you still qualify or do you have to prove it was a truly out of pocket expense?

Is there a thread on FI that provides little tidbits of help like this to furloughed pilots/fas or other workers? There should be...

Flexwife, this forum is for PILOTS. Go find someone else's business to poke your nose in.

Latest resources

Back