• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Captzaahlie

My kind of FOD!
Just asking an honest question.....

Can't really say anything new that hasn't been said here before, so grab a beer or three and use the search button above for ATI, as there's a lot of info going back to 2002. Bottom line, though, is it's actually pretty good. We've recalled everyone that was furloughed (everyone came back - a first, I believe, but given the current hiring state industry-wide...), and are a few weeks from a new hire class of poolies that have been treading water since last summer. Next class slated for January, if things pan out for some 767s that we're in line for. BAX is in a state of flux, which is nothing new, but perhaps more so now than ever before with some interesting ties with the DHL system. I have heard (no confirmation) that BAX signed a facilities agreement with TOL through 2013, so that's at least a positive indicator. The phone seems to be ringing more often for charter work, too.

If you got an app in during the window (that just closed), then you're at least a step closer.

Can't really say anything new that hasn't been said here before, so grab a beer or three and use the search button above for ATI, as there's a lot of info going back to 2002. Bottom line, though, is it's actually pretty good. We've recalled everyone that was furloughed (everyone came back - a first, I believe, but given the current hiring state industry-wide...), and are a few weeks from a new hire class of poolies that have been treading water since last summer. Next class slated for January, if things pan out for some 767s that we're in line for. BAX is in a state of flux, which is nothing new, but perhaps more so now than ever before with some interesting ties with the DHL system. I have heard (no confirmation) that BAX signed a facilities agreement with TOL through 2013, so that's at least a positive indicator. The phone seems to be ringing more often for charter work, too.

If you got an app in during the window (that just closed), then you're at least a step closer.
Thanks for the reply, I'll do the back search as suggested.
Made the window, taking one step at a time.
Hoping to get back in the saddle one day also.
Not only would it be nice to have a little cash to pay the bills,
I actually really miss flying too.
Take care,
Z.

I was'nt there long as I was a part of the great purge of 2001. I was only there about 18 months but a finer bunch of aviators would be hard to find. I would still be there had I not been furloughed in 2001. Good luck and have fun in the DC-8, Great Airplane!

I was'nt there long as I was a part of the great purge of 2001. I was only there about 18 months but a finer bunch of aviators would be hard to find. I would still be there had I not been furloughed in 2001. Good luck and have fun in the DC-8, Great Airplane!
Couldn't of said it better then that!

'cept for that b707guy, though!

Couldn't of said it better then that!

'cept for that b707guy, though!

Just a Dash Trash skipper trolling to find a way for parole out of my current prison-

but that's Nervous! Are you affiliated with the label?

And SUP Z? I hope you're getting by.

I was a commuter scum when I went to ATI, and basically knew three things about the company:

1. I'd be flying the DC-8.

2. There'd be some international flying involved.

3. A suspicion that any pilots still flying around in an -'8, must the kind of aviators I'd want to have a beer with.

In a nutshell, that's basically what happened! After my first few "tours" there, I seem to have recieved (in addition,) a refresher course in Private Pilot, Instrument, Commercial Pilot Ground School, a lesson in Foreign Relations, worldwide salary rates of working women, and something akin to English dialect speech rocognition for Aviators! Did I miss something, Dave?

Good times.

And yes, I was something of an "end comsumer" of Nervous vinyl.

That's pretty much it in the ol' nutshell, G (I'll take yer word on the worldwide working wimmen salaries - I'm quite happily married and intend to stay that way....). We do miss ya here! But glad that you found a good ride! Hey to DM if ya see him.

Last edited:
I was a commuter scum when I went to ATI, and basically knew three things about the company:

1. I'd be flying the DC-8.

2. There'd be some international flying involved.

3. A suspicion that any pilots still flying around in an -'8, must the kind of aviators I'd want to have a beer with.

In a nutshell, that's basically what happened! After my first few "tours" there, I seem to have recieved (in addition,) a refresher course in Private Pilot, Instrument, Commercial Pilot Ground School, a lesson in Foreign Relations, worldwide salary rates of working women, and something akin to English dialect speech rocognition for Aviators! Did I miss something, Dave?

Good times.

And yes, I was something of an "end comsumer" of Nervous vinyl.

Absolutely,without a doubt . If you like swapping flying stories, then this is the place for you. The folks I had the privelage of flying with during my short time there could tell you stories about flying that ancient pelican of an airplane into some god-forsaken corner of the world I couldn't even find on a map. And let me tell you, those guys and gals could make that ol' airplane stand on it's tail and dance if they had to. First class professional aviators each and every one. I'd put my wife and kids on their airplane anyday.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Latest resources

Back