• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats it like at Flex?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yikes! Joe... when someone screams like that on the message board...and is thrilled about the situation at Flex....:rolleyes: it sounds like he's been kicked already....in the head...:eek: Posting while drinking perhaps? :erm:

Back to Flexjet and the commuting question....the longest drive I heard for anyone getting hired was 2.5 hours - and he had to get a crashpad to be nearer to DFW the night before rotations start. The first interview question remains, which of our four domiciles do you plan to relocate to?

If you want the job, I would suggest you answer A,B,C or D!

(Exceptions made for retired airline guys with lifetime pass privileges.)

A good place to work that could be great. Our management team is fighting tooth and nail to keep us solidly in the good category. It beats the heck out of hauling freight and most regional flying, but come in with your eyes open.

Issues that need to be addressed include schedules, rest rules, first and last day rules, domiciles, insurance, pay (Challenger guys in particular), catering, hotels, and probably a few that I've forgotten. We're not NJ's, and you're reminded of it pretty much every day.

Still, it's what you make of it. The planes are great. Most of the crews are great. I stress the "most of the crews" part. We go to some cool places, do challenging and rewarding flying, and generally have some really great owners. Come prepared to work, and please come and help us make it a better place.

What is your max duty day?
Your overtime, is that per flight hour or per duty hour?

Thanks in advance.

max scheduled is 14, extendable for "reasons beyond the control of the company"

overtime pay is for each minute beyond 12 hours of duty, payable at your daily rate/12. So 1st year overtime pay is about $23 per hr I think

The best thing about Flex? My wife is so happy I'm here, she NEVER HAS TO POST ON FI, EVER! Just thought I would say that , apropos of nothing...TIC.

Hmmm, it looks like I might have forgotten to sign out on a public computer! :eek: That was not posted by me. This is the first time I have visited this thread. NJW, my apologies. You are always welcome to your opinion.

I was rather surprised by the out of character post. I guess you were even more surprised, huh...:p Thanks for the explanation and gracious apology :) Doh! Good luck to all the Flex pilots working to make things better there. Best Regards, NJW

Latest resources

Back