What's going on with TSA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ualdriver

I saw this letter from July (links below) on another forum. Just curious. How long has it been since your last contract?

Page 1
Page 2

P.S. Not trying to be coy. I really don't know the answers.

OK, thanks. So it's been quite a while. What is the status of mediation?

Been waiting on NMB decision for release for the past few months. No meetings over the past few months as well.

That is just screwed up. Gotta love the RLA.

Pretty much. Was talking about it today. Someone said the last negotiation meeting was 7 months ago. I'm not sure if that is accurate, I lose track of time pretty easy with this job, but I do think it was spring or early summer so that math may be pretty close to right.

Basically the NMB in past has said that there are too many open items to let us be released with a "good mind" So basically we are at too much of an impasse for them to call it an impasse.... yaaay politics.

Pretty much. Was talking about it today. Someone said the last negotiation meeting was 7 months ago. I'm not sure if that is accurate, I lose track of time pretty easy with this job, but I do think it was spring or early summer so that math may be pretty close to right.

Basically the NMB in past has said that there are too many open items to let us be released with a "good mind" So basically we are at too much of an impasse for them to call it an impasse.... yaaay politics.

Yeah, sounds like negotiations purgatory. Is it the union or the company not wanting to continue with negotiations?

Yeah, sounds like negotiations purgatory. Is it the union or the company not wanting to continue with negotiations?

To be honest...I have no idea. But I'd say probably the company since they are saving tons of money by not having our new contract up and running.

The last contract that was signed was signed in Aug 2000. Yes over 10 years ago. If you figure 5 year contracts we should have had TWO contracts since then...not 1/4 of one.

Latest resources

Back