• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's going on at SkyW?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe its all bogus. I think two things are happening...

1. They cant afford to lose fo's to upgrade. They are saying the classes are cancelled due to a slow down so they dont have to pay protect those who were awarded upgrade.

2. At the same time they are using that "slow down" as a play to negotiate lower Q400 rates. Saying if you dont want a slow down you better agree to lower Q rates so we get it on property.

I do not believe there is any type of actual slow down coming. But most will fall for it.

I left a year or so ago but I hear they just cancelled an upgrade class and are warning of a slow down?

Upgrade classes have been temporarily been suspended due to a shortage of FO`S. I am sure once the company is properly staffed on the FO side, upgrade classes will resume. With having RJ classes of around 60 new hires per month i am sure ugrade classes will resume sooner than later.

I don't really buy the whole slowdown either. All of this hiring hasn't yet made any difference in staffing. Captains are still seeing lots of double time, so the need for more upgrades is there. If a dramatic slowdown is already known, the newhire classes would cancel as well.

Can't fill newhire classes? Wow, I suppose when the upgrade time is faster at Eagle than Skywest that might make a few people think twice.

Latest resources

Back