• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

whats going on at Comair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think she has concrete career plans, and many of the people that I know that have taken past buyouts didn't, either. For some reason, the idea of a "buyout" has great appeal to some. "If you go away we will give you a week of pay for every year you've been here, up to 20." Funny thing is that they give me 5 weeks of pay every year just for staying. I don't see the appeal, other than a little (very little) extra coin and an opportunity to look for a job in a struggling economy.

The better possibly exists for those junior people to actually get furloughed and then collect unemployment insurance.

Re: Comair MEC - I strongly agree.

FYI, you are able to take the buyout AND collect unemployment. That's why people are doing it. Among many other reasons that are personal to each individual.

I would like to nominate the following for a FlightInfo Award, subcategory "Comair Threads":

Best Avatar: Salukipilot

Best Signature Line: Flyboyike

Wittiest Post: comrap

Thank you...thank you very much.

Did she mention where she's going? Had it not been for the Comair MEC's decisions post-9/11, she would have been at Delta 6 years ago.

She wouldn't have been at Delta regardless of the CMR MEC's decisions....The Delta MEC doesn't want "unwashed" regional pilots that don't jump through the hoops and know the secret password...The CMR MEC did the right thing. The only flowthrough Delta has ever had came from the Compass/Mesaba purchase thru NWA, and the Delta MEC didn't even want that one...It has been terminated.....

When did Delta start hiring regional FO's?

OH, they have! Mostly from ASA. Women. Minorities. Previous Delta interns. And/or Delta legacy bloodline.

Rest assured, I'm confirmed multiple cases, both in 2007 hiring spree and last year's 2010 hiring spree that several regional FOs made it with zero TPIC.

At least two Comair, female FOs were hired in 2010 at Delta.
To my knowlege, neither had jet or turbine PIC time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back