• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's everyones backup career ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If there is a country in the World where one can survive without a dream job and with 100K of debt plus the mortgage .. the good old USA is it!

Guys, it takes 2 hours and $130 to start LLC.
Just need to put your brains to work, that's all. Make millions and feel good about yourself!

Question is just what it says...yes, I know we are Pilots forever and we can't leave the blue yonder, the friendly skies, etc etc blah blah. For some the sky is the limit, for us the sky is home, etc etc ad nauseum.

Now, back to reality, paying the rent and light bill dictate otherwise, and reality sets in. Only so many ex-ATA/Spriit/EOS/Aloha/Frontier etc pilots (read: all airline equipment) can go to FlexJets or SWA.

FedEx and UPS ain't hiring.

What is everyones back-up plan? Is it temporary/between airline jobs or will it be permanent?

Discuss....this is arguably the WORST era of commerical aviation job/career prospects and security in history.

my back up career and not job is in another industry altogether with my degree in business management and the skills from my a&p. I was told by friends that were airline pilots back when the skys were ruled by pan am, twa, and eastern to always have a back-up plan in case this industry does not work out.
these friends would laugh if a pilot went back to a flight instructing job after being furloughed from an airline.
I pitty the fool that does not have a plan that is workable in case plan a does not work out.

Just took a few continuing ed classes to get my Funeral Directors license current.....so no one better be sleeping on the job......ahhhh the sweet smell of Formaldehyde!!!

I am going to aplly at McDonalds, but only if I get to work the drive-thru and wear the headset!!!

Become a lawyer specializing in foreclosures and bankruptcies. There should be plenty of business for a while and then you can go back to ambulance chasing...

I am going to aplly at McDonalds, but only if I get to work the drive-thru and wear the headset!!!

Yeah booy!! I worked at the mighty McD's when I was 16, and was probably one of the most fun jobs I've had. I'm thinking about picking up some part time, contract work at all the local Mics, heck maybe even make it a full time career.

Two words...

Daddy Daycare. or is that three?

Thank God my wife has a very good career. We have shed every possible expense.

Latest resources

Back