Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

satpak77

Marriott Platinum Member
Question is just what it says...yes, I know we are Pilots forever and we can't leave the blue yonder, the friendly skies, etc etc blah blah. For some the sky is the limit, for us the sky is home, etc etc ad nauseum.

Now, back to reality, paying the rent and light bill dictate otherwise, and reality sets in. Only so many ex-ATA/Spriit/EOS/Aloha/Frontier etc pilots (read: all airline equipment) can go to FlexJets or SWA.

FedEx and UPS ain't hiring.

What is everyones back-up plan? Is it temporary/between airline jobs or will it be permanent?

Discuss....this is arguably the WORST era of commerical aviation job/career prospects and security in history.

The lottery...

On a serious note, for me it will depend on whether or not my airline liquidates or if its just a few year furlough.

Just a furlough and I might try to find a non aviation job working outdoors and live off the lady's income or instruct at the local university.

Liquidation and I'd just have to evaluate whats going on in the industry. Job prospects at all? If not, who knows.

With a backup plan like that I guess I better hope to stay employed...:)

Back to the ER as a Nurse...never took my hand out of it and people are always sick and or hurting themselves...if it is a layoff I might try and take the time and go to PA school.

It pays as much as a commuter captain...but is a lot more work and not as fun!

Hey Rez....don't you have a back up job waiting for you in Herndon?

Hey no worries, there's a pilot shortage, didn't you hear?

Latest resources

Back