What's a good KNEEBOARD?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

squale

Well I think for my flight training it's a good idea to get a kneeboard to hold some VFR info and some airport charts, etc.

Anybody recommend a particular kneeboard?

I was looking at the tri-fold Jeppesen kneeboard here: http://www.pilotmall.com/store/merc...roduct_Code=267&Product_Count=&Category_Code=

So any info is very very much appreciated so I can order one up and have it in time for flying this weekend..

What's a good KNEEBOARD?

One that doesn't strap to your knee:D

I never liked those folding ones, other then that it doesn't really matter as long as it's not too big.

i have been using the ASA one for 4 years now and its held up fine...if you do get the ASA (and i think Jepp ones are like this too) make sure you get the longer length one that is the length of a sectional, the "normal" ones require you to fold a sectional/L-chart a little at the top or bottom

Illini Pilot said:
i have been using the ASA one for 4 years now and its held up fine...if you do get the ASA (and i think Jepp ones are like this too) make sure you get the longer length one that is the length of a sectional, the "normal" ones require you to fold a sectional/L-chart a little at the top or bottom

is this Jep one long enough for what you state above...
http://www.pilotmall.com/store/merc...roduct_Code=267&Product_Count=&Category_Code=

how can you tell,, what is the length of a sectional?

Excellent skyking1976!!!

Squale
I wouldn't go for a too long one, those friggin' things always get you totally jammed up with the yoke (and that's not at altitude either)

I don't like my ASA, it's either hitting the stick in a katana, or hitting the yoke in a Cessna. Maybe I'm just too far forward in the seat and need to get a ghetto lean going. :cool:

squale,

this one I've used for 8 years already, works great.

That sectional in your kneeboard doesn't work anyway (my personal experience), just stick that on the dash or tuck it under the whole kneeboard if you're not using it.

http://www.avmart.com/itemdetail.asp?pid=1610&cat=41

It just depends. I've been through a few looking for one that I like. I found one left in an airplane that is similar to the one that you're looking at now. When I use one, that's the one that I use. However, after you go through a majority of your training, you'll find that you just use a chart.

But to sum it up, expect to go through a couple different ones looking for the one that you like. The ones that you don't like you can give to your passengers to use when you take them up.

Thanks Texan Aviator,

I just advised the ASA one :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back