Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SkyWestCRJPilot said:
-
CRJ-200 has GE CF34-3B1 engines (hot and high)

I remember being "hot" sometimes but I don't ever recall going "high" with those mickey mouse engines.

dbert said:
Not all -3B1 engines are "hot and high" variants
The 705 is more than a 900 with 75 seats. It has a different wing (more angled winglets) and different flap slat settings than a 700 or 900.

I'd never heard this before...anyone care to elaborate? Whats the purpose of different flap settings than the standard -900 variant?
-Cheers

Paladin said:
I'd never heard this before...anyone care to elaborate? Whats the purpose of different flap settings than the standard -900 variant?
-Cheers
I'd like a Jazz person to back me up, but as I understand it the 705 slats only go to to 20º (vs.25) when the flaps are selected to 20º for improved short field performance.

Last edited:
SkyWestCRJPilot said:
SkyWest's CRJ-200s have the "hot and high" variant. We still have a few CRJ-100s with -3A1s and as well as a few intermix with both a -3A1 and a -3B1.
I heard today that we wont have any A's or intermix birds in another 30 days or so. Rumor is they are going back where they came from.

Yo NOOKY BOOKY.. Salt Creek still any good? Used to be. Haven't been out there in years.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back