• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's a CRJ? identifer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
- CL600-2B19 aircraft (commercially recognized as the CRJ100, CRJ200 and CRJ440 series)
- CL600-2C10 aircraft (commercially recognized as the CRJ700 and CRJ701 series)
- and CL600-2D24 aircraft (commercially recognized as the CRJ900 series).

CRJ1,CRJ2, CRJ7, and CRJ9 are used for ATC.

CL-65 is the type rating on a pilot's certificate.

CRJ-100 has GE CF34-3A1 engines
CRJ-200 has GE CF34-3B1 engines (hot and high)

CRJ-705 is a CRJ-900 with 75 seats (has a 1st class)
CRJ-440 is a CRJ-100/200 with 44 seats (created due to scope clauses)

NookyBooky said:
Regional jets are gay. Regional jet pilots are gay. You're all whores. Don't worry about how to log your time because nobody gives a chit. You are the death of this industry. You all have Shiny Jet Syndrome. You are all PFT'ers. PFT sucks. You're all cheapening the industry. Regional jets are gay. You all have SJS. You're all whores. You are all the death of the industry. You all have Shiny Jet Syndrome. You're all gay. You're all whores. Everybody hates you. Crash and burn. Surffer. Die. Go to hell. Burn.

Nice avatar. Keep on dreaming, man. Don't mess up your Mom's carpet in the process.

It's about time, someone with an intelligent answer. Thank you.

Looks like some of you need to fix your logbooks.

Last edited:
SkyWestCRJPilot said:
- CL600-2B19 aircraft (commercially recognized as the CRJ100, CRJ200 and CRJ440 series)
- CL600-2C10 aircraft (commercially recognized as the CRJ700 and CRJ701 series)
- and CL600-2D24 aircraft (commercially recognized as the CRJ900 series).

CRJ1,CRJ2, CRJ7, and CRJ9 are used for ATC.

CL-65 is the type rating on a pilot's certificate.

CRJ-100 has GE CF34-3A1 engines
CRJ-200 has GE CF34-3B1 engines (hot and high)

CRJ-705 is a CRJ-900 with 75 seats (has a 1st class)
CRJ-440 is a CRJ-100/200 with 44 seats (created due to scope clauses)

Not all -3B1 engines are "hot and high" variants
The 705 is more than a 900 with 75 seats. It has a different wing (more angled winglets) and different flap slat settings than a 700 or 900.

Always logged it as CL-65... thats what the type rating is, after all.

The type cert in the airplane sayeth CL-600-2B19... no way im writing that on every line in my logbook.

No, really... tell us how you really feel.

My above post was a sarcastic attempt at satire. 99% of the posts on this forum end up in childish disputes similar to what I was attempting to convey in the above post (PFT, SJS, RJ's, etc.). Honestly, it was not intended to offend anyone.

So what do you fly?

All your garden variety GA aircraft, nothing exciting except for maybe the Pitts.

What’s your point? Am I supposed to be humbled by the fact that others on this board met the 500TT minimums to be hired as a regional airline FO? I fly for fun, and I choose to make my living outside of aviation so that I can continue to do so. Am I supposed to be in awe of those who sacrificed the ability to fly for fun so that they could call themselves professional pilots?

Nice avatar. Keep on dreaming, man. Don't mess up your Mom's carpet in the process.

Sorry Chuck, but I chose a different route in life than you. Therefore, I can afford my own carpet. It really is a shame that many professional pilots cannot.

NB

Not all -3B1 engines are "hot and high" variants
True. Actually the -3B1 engines are seperated into two. I believe the non "hot and high" is rated to produce full thrust through ISA+7 I believe. The -3B1 engines with "hot and high" are rated at ISA+15. I think those numbers are right but I don't have the exact specs. SkyWest's CRJ-200s have the "hot and high" variant. We still have a few CRJ-100s with -3A1s and as well as a few intermix with both a -3A1 and a -3B1. Which operators have -3B1 engines without "hot and high"?

NookyBooky said:
What’s your point? Am I supposed to be humbled by the fact that others on this board met the 500TT minimums to be hired as a regional airline FO? I fly for fun, and I choose to make my living outside of aviation so that I can continue to do so. Am I supposed to be in awe of those who sacrificed the ability to fly for fun so that they could call themselves professional pilots?
Being someone who doesn't work in the industry and shouldn't really care, it sure sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder for RJ pilots. If I didn't work in it, I wouldn't care. That is, unless I had some deep down resentment or jealousy that I were trying to cover up. Which leads me to the question...why would someone who just wants to fly for fun and dislikes underpaid RJ pilots choose to spend their time browsing the regional forums on flightinfo.com?

Last edited:
SkyBoy1981 said:
Being someone who doesn't work in the industry and shouldn't really care, it sure sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder for RJ pilots. If I didn't work in it, I wouldn't care. That is, unless I had some deep down resentment or jealousy that I were trying to cover up.

I don't especially care. I made a joke, which ironically was aimed more at the BS that shows up time and time again on flightinfo and not at RJ pilots. When a few of you took it the wrong way, I made a half-arsed attempt to explain. But jealousy? I hope you're joking. I'm not saying I wish you any ill, but I certainly don't envy the situation RJ pilots, or all professional pilots for that matter, are in.

SkyBoy1981 said:
Which leads me to the question...why would someone who just wants to fly for fun and dislikes underpaid RJ pilots choose to spend their time browsing the regional forums on flightinfo.com?

Re-read my above posts and see the "new posts" feature at the top of your page.

NB

Latest resources

Back