• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whatever happened to BEX?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, BEX was always making money from what I gather, the owner had some other businesses that were loosing money and he was abel to take money from BEX to cover loses. Then a smart investment firm came in and bought the airline in its bankruptcy because it was a gold mine...they held the stock closely and showed profit year after year and had orders to buy 40-50 EMJs. Thats when AMR wanted all EMJs and came in and bought BEX for the jets and routes....Never did understand why we (AE) are not flying to Bangor out of Boston as much anymore it was always a full load five flights a day...

are their still alot of alums working at the latest iteration from the 90s? remember the glory days from the training dept. when they ruled supreme? Nuts notes and "styilizing" in the 1900....

Here's a good article on a BizEx crash, http://www.iprr.org/COMPS/PFRBE.html We had a lot of truss crack's/failures at Bar Harbor Airlines at the time,and Beech came out with the engine truss AD shortly there after. Kind of makes me think that the fed's were covering for Raytheon? No that couldn't happen.

Even if true, this in no way condones the cavalier attitude that was exhibited by all the 'cowboys' in the "training" dept. at that time. The introduction of multiple system failures unrelated to the initial emergency that was being evaluated; at night over water with no horizon, at less than 2000' was plainly stupid and a causal factor in the crash. Anyone who was there at the time could have fallen victim to these morons who lorded over all.

I agree, Even as a Mech and student pilot,I think a crew could be over tasked under that cascade of issues,and would be unrealistic.I would have diverted to an ILS runway,or VMC if able.But I feel the truss failure makes this a moot issue,If what I think happened really happened,If you know what I mean.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back