Whatever happened to BEX?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

snap145

I was reading an old issue of Airways today and stumbled on an article on Business Express....I used to ride BEX all the time from SYR to LGA as a young kid on the Saab...was the time of my life....whatever happened to BEX? Did they just flat out go under or did they merge with another regional still around today?...just curious for old times sake

lol...so who knew alan then???

The rumor at the time was BizEx had placed some orders for the Emb. Eagle wanted the jungle jets they had on order and bought them out. That was what I heard at the time.

SAAB pretty much owned them at the end. BEX was in dire financial condition. I think they were running Avro's from DTW to Aspen for a while. Total meltdown in the management thinking process did them in.

Alan, you mean that geeky little chainsmoker who crawled out of some dead animals posterior orifice? that Alan?

Heck they were running Avros from BOS-BGR.....I flew on them every week.....as a non rev there were ALWAYS plenty of seats. Bad route but good plan well before it's time.

eatme said:
Alan, you mean that geeky little chainsmoker who crawled out of some dead animals posterior orifice? that Alan?

i believe so...you know where he is now, right?

possibly being an anally wascal of a wabbit down south...try TX, maybe an outfit flying caravans....hmmm

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back