Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whatever Happen To Actually Being A Dispatcher?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The new people at my company come out of training barely knowing basic skills of the job. They end up getting signed off because we need people so bad. That's makes my job more difficult because on an average day I have to help these people deal with their workload because they simply can't handle it.

The new people at my company come out of training barely knowing basic skills of the job. They end up getting signed off because we need people so bad. That's makes my job more difficult because on an average day I have to help these people deal with their workload because they simply can't handle it.

I don't know what this has to do with this thread. I was venting after a bad afternoon.

If I've learned anything in my short dispatch career...it is "NEVER trust a flight crew to figure anything out for themselves...and NEVER trust the station to know what they're talking about or to pass on a message".

:rolleyes: Apparently, from the first post (and some others) that cuts both ways.

:rolleyes: Apparently, from the first post (and some others) that cuts both ways.
Maybe so, my friend...

I should clarify that by that I meant I never count on a flight crew to catch something I missed. We all make mistakes at times...unfortunately, sometimes we overlook the same thing.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back