What would you say to JO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Crooks

First off, I would like to wish the employees of Mesa the best of luck with Jonny O.- You are going to need it. Second, as a pilot of ACA this whole merger thing doesn't pass the litmus test and hopefully, the stockholders recognize when a thief has a hand in their pocket.
In the recent USA today article, it appears that Jon O. is not really a "Team" player. It appears that he has gotten the public relations people working full time on creating a heroic, "Savior" for the airline industry. Just look at his success's, what isn't mentioned are the failures: the loss of the United codeshare agreement the first time), the dismantling of Westair (That particular episode cost somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 million dollars), the lawsuits brought by stockholders (Settled out of court for 8 million), putting the employees of Westair and CCAir out on the street. Judging by personal wealth, Mr. O. is a "Success" It is too bad that, in my humble opinion, that protecting assetts and actually growing a company long term aren't factored into the equation. The reason why some business are successful is that some managements view their employee groups as "Assetts" and not the enemy. These business are successful, provide stable long term employment for their employees, actually provide a stable tax base for the communities that they live in. These successful business's don't pit one employee group against another, don't cheat their stockholders, don't use the company as their own personal "cash machine". Successful business's usually have a very strong component of "leadership". Part of this leadership is not only being committed to your stockholders but also being committed to your passengers and employees. By providing your employees with the tools that they need and keeping them happy, a leader realizes that the employees keep the passengers happy, the passengers will keep the stockholders happy and everbody will be the better for it. this is such a simple concept. You would have though that J.O. would have learned that by now (I guess I had to go to college and graduate to learn it).
A leopard doesn't change its spots too easily. Quitting school in your junior year, getting fired by five different firms in 9 years, being sanctioned by the Securities Exchange Commission and losing your brokers license, being sued by your stockholders, not being respected or admired by the people that you come into contact with. Making money off of being devisive and putting people out on the street.
There have been many before J.O. (Chord, Lorenzo etc. ad neaseum) and I'm sure there will be many after. The funny thing is, once the light of public attention/opinion starts, these folks crawl back under their rocks and count their money. Hopefully, the illumination has started.

I'd tell him I'm concerned about his spiritual health. Hand him a book of scriptures to read. Then see if he had any good advice on when a good time to sell ACA stock would be.
Then you don't want him to read this one...
It is unChristian to ask for a raise: "And [John the Baptist] said unto them, Exact no more than that which is appointed you. And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? and he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages." (Luke 3:13-14)

WrightAvia said:
Then you don't want him to read this one...
it is unchristian to ask for a raise

I don't think that is in the passage.

In fact, the NIV is much more clear, especially
if you include verse 12..."Tax collectors also
came to be baptized. 'teacher,' they asked
'what should we do?' 13 'don't collect any
more than you are required to,' He told them."

In those days, tax collectors didn't get a
paycheck, they just collected more than
the established rate and put it in their
pocket.

Do you suppose that J(L)O is a reincarnated
Roman tax collector? Would explane things!

He should try this paraphrase on for size

"And Judas hung himself..." and "Go and do
thou likewise."

Get it?

Ha...hahaha!

I don't have anything to say to JO. He's a businessman, and is doing everything he can to increase his profits.

I reserve my speech for those who keep him in business. The ones who can't wait to fly one of his shiny jets. They do more to screw up this industry than JO ever will.

We've heard all the rationalizations before, but hey, if you keep bending over, you can't blame the guy who keeps giving it to you.

Yeah, but what about the guys
that are screwed because he
bought the airline they were at?
JLow has lied to and cheated them,
then tried to cheat his existing
employees by trying to start Freed@mn
Air...They fought that...for what it was
worth. As I pointed out before, there
are profitable airlines out there right
now that view their employees as
assets rather than liabilities.

He is not a good leader or businessman.