Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DrewBlows

Go Tigers!
I'm going to Las Vegas for a few days next week and since I want my shaving kit I have to decide whether to dress up in my pilot costume or check my bag. I'm not crazy about walking into the lobby of MGM Grand in uniform (plus I'll feel kind of funny getting all boozed up on the flight there in uniform;)), but I've checked my bag one time in two years and it didnt make it from TOL to CVG.

For those of you who remember the old Monday Night Football bit, "You Make the Call!"

If you travel in uniform, you can't drink. You know that.
If you go to the hotel, you can take off your bars and stuff. People don't have to know what you do.

Not to crap on you, but this sounds like a 12 year old wanting to show off. You know better than that.

Hung

I'm going to Las Vegas for a few days next week and since I want my shaving kit I have to decide whether to dress up in my pilot costume or check my bag. I'm not crazy about walking into the lobby of MGM Grand in uniform (plus I'll feel kind of funny getting all boozed up on the flight there in uniform;)), but I've checked my bag one time in two years and it didnt make it from TOL to CVG.

For those of you who remember the old Monday Night Football bit, "You Make the Call!"

Go throught security in uniform, activate your ticket then put on your civilian clothing and drink away... if they ask any funny questions tell them you are senior management and it is a privlidge.

Good lord, it only took one post to point out my drinking thread. I figured something so outrageous with a smiley face would be taken as a joke.

The point is, I really don't want to wear the uniform, but I also want to have my bag when I get there.

Go throught security in uniform, activate your ticket then put on your civilian clothing and drink away... if they ask any funny questions tell them you are senior management and it is a privlidge.

When I get off work and am commuting home, this is what I do. Leave the uniform on to go through security. Once through, head straight to the nearest restroom and change.

This is kinda like the rule that you have to go thru security when deadheading home. Even if you just flew a revenue flight inbound. The people that either do that..or ask about it.....well they just don't get it.

You know, I didn't see the smiley face. Sorry.

Too much coffee for me, too early in the morn.

Again, I shouldn't have spoken. I usuually can enjoy sarcasm with the best of 'em.

Hung

Why would you have to check your bag? Stick your crap in a plastic bag and carry it on. Unless your razor is a straight razor or something it is fine to go on the airplane.

What can Brown do for you? UPS loses FAR less bags than the airlines!! It will be there when you get there.

Latest resources

Back