• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What would you do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I dont know if it is true or not but I have heard that the pilots with previous 121 time have a hard time getting into Skywest, I dont know if it is true, but I guess that anything is possible.

Over the past two years I've worked with 9 guy/gals that have all got on with SKYW shortly after reaching 1000TT & 100Multi... right out of instructing.

Stay at instructing until you have the hours. Your quality of life will be much better and you will not loose out on the money by going to a lower paying regional for a FO position. If you have the chance as a Asst Chief...get more multi time and go from there. You will be home and not sitting on reserve at the mercy of crew scheduling.

Go to Mesa and get back to SkyWest ASAP!! SkyWest loves to hire Mesa pilots. You better you chance to get on with SkyWest if you have 121 time.

yeah, that is what I have heard, so it would be a bit out of my way and convenience, but if thats what it takes to get to skywest then thats what i will do.

If you are in a bind at 30K year how in the world do you plan on living on 19hr at SKW?

exactly......if you're in a money bind, then sticking with your 30k a year job would be the best way to go. If you go to mesa, I think you have to sign a 1 year training contract (don't hold me on that though). Depending on how much you're flying right now, you can have the mins to apply at skywest in 4 months. Going to mesa first would only extend the time you're making 19-20 bucks an hour.......

Don't go to Mesa. You will feel the humiliation of paying $50 just to interview there and will likely have to give up your butt virginity.

Latest resources

Back