• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What would you do??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for all of the advice. I am currently working on my CFI and CFII, however, I want to do this to build some time. I'm hoping the planes are fine and just have cosmetic problems (some people might say its unairworthy because of bad paint, holes in the seats, blaa, blaa, blaa). I will find out in a few days, hope everything is fine. My first job as a pilot, oh boy, look out people!!

Man thats a hard one...guys that will do a JOB for free. ITS A GD JOB!

pull your pants back up and demand minimum wage, at least.

Its tough I know at 250 hours, free flight time looks appealing, but still its a job. Im sure your ratings were free.

I need my lawn raked and blown, think I could find someone to do it for free?

Christ, i need to buy a 310 or 400 series cessna and put it to work, i bet I could it crewed for free these days.

what a joke.

This is really sad that an upcoming pilot would donate 70+ hours a month of their time to fly for free. Is this a sign of the times when people work for free?
Does it bother you that the guy who signed this contract with the Dept Of Conservation is getting paid? or do you think he is offering his planes for free?
Wake up....... Whoever this person is who is offering free C172 time is a crook.

You spent thousands of $$$$ getting to the point where you can get paid to fly..... Don't whore yourself out.

My $.02 worth <<<<<< see I have $.02, cause I don't work for free>

It's a job. You need to get paid for it. If you don't get paid, seems to me it is no longer a job.

Help contribute just a little to stop the whoring that goes on.

Also, seems to me you answered your own question when you expressed doubt as to whether or not the aircraft was even airworthy......Run away from it unless you want your career to end just as it is getting started when you get violated by the FAA.

Somebody should keep a list of people who work for free like ALPA keeps a list of pilots who cross picket lines. Make it harder for people who work for free to get good paying jobs in the future. Granted, 5.15/hr is not much, but at least you could buy a small term life insurance policy and make your friends rich when you make a smoking hole with your un-airworthy 172's. If you fly for free, you even screw your friends.

I got paid $16/hr to fly fire patrols 4 years ago. The aircraft are never going to impress you, but honestly, it's a C150 class airplane. If the tires are inflated and the engine runs, what else is there to get you violated?

crap, for $16/hr i would fly a huffy with cardboard wings. that's more than double what i'm making right now... :(

navigator72 said:
You should be paid something for the flying. I flew fire patrols and got paid reasonably well. Believe me, there is quite a bit of money being made in this fire patrol contract.
Brings up an interesting point; a few years ago somone posted an ad for a fire patrol job in Maine. Same deal, you fly for free. Somone else popped up and pointed out that according to Maine law, contractors were required to pay thier employees, and he had the documentation to back it up. It was pointed out to Mr. Dirtbag that he would be in violation and in danger of losing his contract. He started backpedaling like a scuttling cockroach.

Where did you say this job was?

Latest resources

Back